Melee builds and AT's

The_Warpact

What are good powersets? I saw the link for builds but that doesn't cover alot of possible builds.

Who's better out of the melee ATz or is it more of a pro/con per AT.

To me from what I have been reading a DM/SR scrapper would be formidable, or am I off base into what I'm thinking.

Because, of a certain thread in General that got me thinking about coming back, I played pre I13 on Triumph on a NB/SR stalker and a rad/rad corr in SC, and had a blast laying waste to the fire/psi/archery nrg blasters.

Btw to all who posted all the links and discord info thanks.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

DM is kinda crap since Soul Drain is a piss-poor replacement for Build Up, and SR isn't bad but Energy is a better defense-based secondary in just about every way.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 hours ago, macskull said:

DM is kinda crap since Soul Drain is a piss-poor replacement for Build Up, and SR isn't bad but Energy is a better defense-based secondary in just about every way.

I figured the -to hit from the attacks would've been beneficial and touch of fear. Mac is there any discord/link that covers the info I'm looking for instead of pestering people and waiting on a response?

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

7 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I figured the -to hit from the attacks would've been beneficial and touch of fear. Mac is there any discord/link that covers the info I'm looking for instead of pestering people and waiting on a response?

@reib posted the link but... -tohit is subject to diminishing returns at the same scale as +tohit (starts getting really difficult to maintain more than +/-20%) and IIRC every melee armor set gets something like 30% tohit debuff resistance for free if they don't get it naturally in-set.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macskull said:

@reib posted the link but... -tohit is subject to diminishing returns at the same scale as +tohit (starts getting really difficult to maintain more than +/-20%) and IIRC every melee armor set gets something like 30% tohit debuff resistance for free if they don't get it naturally in-set.

Thanks Mac, the diminishing returns is what I'm unfamiliar with. 

I signed up and already started reading up on all the info.

49 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Thanks Mac, the diminishing returns is what I'm unfamiliar with. 

I signed up and already started reading up on all the info.

think there's a DR calculator in the pinned "PvP resources" thread but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, +/-tohit starts to DR pretty heavily after about 20% - if I have 20% tohit bonus that DRs to around 15% and if I have 40% tohit bonus that DRs to around 23%. 60% bonus DRs to about 27-28%, and these numbers work the same whether it's a buff or debuff.

EDIT: I see you also mentioned Touch of Fear. Base fear duration on a Scrapper is 2 seconds in PvP so even enhanced you're looking at a little less than 4 seconds before factoring in any mez resistance your opponent has, and once that fear wears off they're going to be in mez suppression for 15 seconds. Not saying it's bad especially if you don't have any other mezzes, but it's not going to perma-terrorize someone.

Edited by macskull

42 minutes ago, macskull said:

think there's a DR calculator in the pinned "PvP resources" thread but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, +/-tohit starts to DR pretty heavily after about 20% - if I have 20% tohit bonus that DRs to around 15% and if I have 40% tohit bonus that DRs to around 23%. 60% bonus DRs to about 27-28%, and these numbers work the same whether it's a buff or debuff.

EDIT: I see you also mentioned Touch of Fear. Base fear duration on a Scrapper is 2 seconds in PvP so even enhanced you're looking at a little less than 4 seconds before factoring in any mez resistance your opponent has, and once that fear wears off they're going to be in mez suppression for 15 seconds. Not saying it's bad especially if you don't have any other mezzes, but it's not going to perma-terrorize 

Yeah i see what your talking about on DR hitting harder on the higher numbers. 

I automatically assumed there was perma nothing control wise, I didn't know about the 15 sec suppression though, although I can see why this exists. Who wants to be on permanent lockdown and carrying a tray of breakfrees.

What a second though, how does this affect MM pets? Do they experience the same thing?

They would have to, if they weren't they would be OP.

Edited by The_Warpact
just thought of pets

Dark Melee can be good on scrappers in 1v1s and Fightclub. The -tohit pairs well with elusivity, it has a heal, and the T1 and T2 attacks are short enough to get 3 off in the +50% ATO crit window of 3.25 seconds. A DM/EA Scrapper just won a 1v1 tournament over on Everlasting.

Dark Melee isn't so hot for 8v8s and general zone play, though. (AKA the majority of PVP in this game.)

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

2 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Dark Melee can be good on scrappers in 1v1s and Fightclub. The -tohit pairs well with elusivity, it has a heal, and the T1 and T2 attacks are short enough to get 3 off in the +50% ATO crit window of 3.25 seconds. A DM/EA Scrapper just won a 1v1 tournament over on Everlasting.

Dark Melee isn't so hot for 8v8s and general zone play, though. (AKA the majority of PVP in this game.)

I figured possibly 1v1 was good, but, considering most of my action is zones was my question. 

Unless its SG related arena night I couldn't bring myself to making a toon with DM.

Although now I'm working on a Psi/Nrg broot, I guess we'll see how that goes.

5 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I figured possibly 1v1 was good, but, considering most of my action is zones was my question. 

Unless its SG related arena night I couldn't bring myself to making a toon with DM.

Although now I'm working on a Psi/Nrg broot, I guess we'll see how that goes.

If your focus is zones, Psy/NRG Scrapper or Stalker would be worlds better than the brute IMO.

I tested a psy/nrg brute on the training room server, it's not great.

Edited by America's Angel
  • Thanks 1

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Thanks, and a training room server? Going to have to look into this.

Yeah it's the beta server where they do all the open testing.

You can autolevel characters to 50, give them IOs/incarnates/etc for free. It's good for testing out character combos to see what works.

See here:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Yeah it's the beta server where they do all the open testing.

You can autolevel characters to 50, give them IOs/incarnates/etc for free. It's good for testing out character combos to see what works.

See here:

Hell AA thanks for what I consider going above and beyond with the help and advice. 

I don't care what anyone says people who PVP (not fiteclubbers lol) are the most helpful people. 

• Like 1