Sonic/Cold Build Help

Neuro-son

Hey all! So i rolled my first corr (Fire/Nature) and im having a blast. I really notice the team play where i can buff teams while doing damage. All other games outside of COH i have always played a support role but wanted to get more into damage dealing and thats what brought me to corruptors (little bit of both). I paired up with a bunch of the corr for MLTF and the debuffs and -res on the AVs had us finish it in under 20 mins (only corruptor team). I know sonic is a meh set and always has been but i was curious is it is still good to play and i know iv seen a ton of /cold corruptors sweep the floor of their enemies. Any suggestions or builds? thanks!

6 hours ago, Neuro-son said:

Hey all! So i rolled my first corr (Fire/Nature) and im having a blast. I really notice the team play where i can buff teams while doing damage. All other games outside of COH i have always played a support role but wanted to get more into damage dealing and thats what brought me to corruptors (little bit of both). I paired up with a bunch of the corr for MLTF and the debuffs and -res on the AVs had us finish it in under 20 mins (only corruptor team). I know sonic is a meh set and always has been but i was curious is it is still good to play and i know iv seen a ton of /cold corruptors sweep the floor of their enemies. Any suggestions or builds? thanks!

So, yes /cold is a great set for a corruptor. The problem is that sonic blast is much better on a defender (5% more -res on most attacks). Water/Cold corruptor though, is fantastic and I'd recommend that for a cold corruptor.

Here's mine.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Sonic Attacks
Secondary Power Set: Cold Domination
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Scream -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dam%(5), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), GldJvl-Dam%(9)
Level 1: Infrigidate -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), ShlBrk-%Dam(11), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(36)
Level 2: Howl -- SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), HO:Centri(17), Rgn-Knock%(36), HO:Centri(46)
Level 4: Ice Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Shout -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 10: Glacial Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19)
Level 12: Amplify -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(21), RedFrt-EndRdx(21), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(27), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 22: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--Build%(27)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Screech -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), Dcm-Build%(34), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 30: Shriek -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 32: Dreadful Wail -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- RechRdx-I(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(40), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End(A), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(43), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 49: Benumb -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 12.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 19.75% Defense(Melee)
  • 12.88% Defense(Smashing)
  • 12.88% Defense(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 7.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 16.63% Defense(Energy)
  • 16.63% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 23.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 8.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 9% Max End
  • 16% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 86.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 10% Enhancement(Range)
  • 21% SpeedFlying
  • 216.9 HP (20.25%) HitPoints
  • 21% JumpHeight
  • 21% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 27.5%
  • MezResist(Held) 27.5%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 27.5%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 27.5%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 27.5%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 27.5%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 13.5% (0.23 End/sec) Recovery
  • 36% (1.61 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 1.5% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 1.5% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Fire)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Cold)
  • 4.5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 4.5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 3% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 3% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 21% SpeedRunning

Ok, so let me elaborate on why you want to be a defender for this pairing. Let's all get our math glasses on and do some rudimentary arithmetic. For these examples we will assume you can keep 4 -res sonic debuffs up and that the corruptor has a base dmg power of 75 and the defender has 65. We will also assume that both have soul drain with 5 targets (not too hard). We will also have sleet for -30% res for both.

The corruptor will have +64% from soul drain and +100% from enhancements, with -90% res (4 sonic+sleet) on the mob. So that will be 75*2.64*1.9= 376.2 total damage

The defender will have +80% from soul drain and +100% from enhancements with -110% res (4 sonic+sleet) on the mob. So that will be 65*2.8*2.1= 382.2 total damage

Now the defender will have vigilance if they are solo and the corruptor will have scourge, but scourge won't make up for the survivability the defender brings. Also, on a team, the defender will win hands down, because that extra -20% res benefits the whole team. You can also utilize more procs and have a bit better end management and freer slots with more recharge on a defender if you build well. 

Now contrast that with water/cold and the defender doesn't get much benefit over the corruptor and water blast benefits from FF procs in geyser and water burst. You also get a heal in dehydrate which is something that cold is sorely lacking. If you want to solo more with this character I would go Water/Cold corruptor, if you want to team, go with the Cold/Sonic defender. 

Yeah thanks for the help everyone! i got it to 50 and at vet lvl 6 and so far i feel that its okay, not great not bad. Did notice on a MLTF the speed at which AVs were dropping without 1 blaster or scrapper on the team (mostly controllers and dominators). So it definitely helps with that but when doing just regular missions, in my opinion takes too long to take down a normal boss by myself. So i will probably have this toon as an AV Incarnate trial toon and make another for all around use. Thanks!

On 10/11/2020 at 6:57 PM, Darkir said:

Now contrast that with water/cold and the defender doesn't get much benefit over the corruptor and water blast benefits from FF procs in geyser and water burst. You also get a heal in dehydrate which is something that cold is sorely lacking. If you want to solo more with this character I would go Water/Cold corruptor, if you want to team, go with the Cold/Sonic defender. 

The problem for me is I can't have ALL water blast characters T______________________________T