[How2] Basic Installation Guide [Windows]

WanderingAries

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

At this time, while Tequila is forecasted to no longer be supported, it does not have a timeline reported to us players for when that will happen and is still getting support. Per the NCSoft licensee post, the devs are working on a dedicated launcher that will render Tequila obsolete, and that was the purpose of the HC Launcher being developed, though I get the impression a new launcher may be in the works, probably a refined version of the existing HC Launcher, but that was the most recent bit of information I saw.

Gah, I hope not, I just got the HC launcher loaded!

6 minutes ago, Arcalian said:

Gah, I hope not, I just got the HC launcher loaded!

Odds are, it will be a change you won't notice and the HC Launcher will be the official launcher. Just with some new tweaks.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 1:13 PM, beerdetective said:

Hello, is the HC folder the one i download it to, or should I name a new one?

You can download the installer wherever you want, but I would highly suggest following the example location (IE: c:\Games\CoH or something like that) so that you avoid putting it somewhere that windows is going to protect. Don't forget to set that folder as a filter in your AV as well so that it doesn't complain either.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

19 hours ago, Rudra said:

At this time, while Tequila is forecasted to no longer be supported, it does not have a timeline reported to us players for when that will happen and is still getting support. Per the NCSoft licensee post, the devs are working on a dedicated launcher that will render Tequila obsolete, and that was the purpose of the HC Launcher being developed, though I get the impression a new launcher may be in the works, probably a refined version of the existing HC Launcher, but that was the most recent bit of information I saw.

Any new launcher will likely just be an update to the current one if for no other reason than to reduce the support headache it would create otherwise. They did just push an update as well (likely files related to the new stuff) I noticed.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• GM Tock unpinned this topic