More enhancement trays, please.

Ukase

So, I went into purge mode, where, despite having 1000 slots, there are some characters I have that are 50 that I simply won't play again. So, why keep them? They just add to the clutter and I have to click through to find a certain hero I'm looking for. So, as I was prepared to delete one, I did a respec and got all the enhancements out. 

So...it would seem that I had more than 70 enhancements. I had to slot 26 or so into powers, planning on using unslotters - or even smarter, using another respec. But, I forgot. Deleted it anyway with about 26 IOs slotted in. Not a lot of inf lost, but it bugs me just the same. We have 96 slots, most builds. (not really sure, but more than 70!) Khelds have even more. 

Why don't we have enough trays to hold ALL the enhancements we can slot for these situations? 

Now imagine doing it with a single enhancement tray, so you can keep at most ten enhancements. And you didn't get a free respec every ten levels, so you had to run Terror Volta or a treespec to be able to save out one tray's worth. I imagine that there's some crazy internal limit that kept the devs back on Live from expanding the total possible tray count to ten or more, and the HC staff hasn't been able to go in and decipher the code to find out why.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Now imagine doing it with a single enhancement tray, so you can keep at most ten enhancements. And you didn't get a free respec every ten levels, so you had to run Terror Volta or a treespec to be able to save out one tray's worth. I imagine that there's some crazy internal limit that kept the devs back on Live from expanding the total possible tray count to ten or more, and the HC staff hasn't been able to go in and decipher the code to find out why.

Now that you mention it...I seem to recall the old dev team adding some trays to the current number of 7. And ordinarily, I think it's plenty.  I suppose deleting a level 50 character is a bit unusual, and likely not done often. 

The additional enhancment trays were a repeatable choice from the Paragon Rewards program, so as your subscription time increased, you could unlock more trays, up to the seven-tray limit. I don't know why they choked it off there, and without deep-diving into the code, I'll probably never know.

Might not even be code related.  Might be that the decision was based entirely on marketing and player retention schemes.

Most people want the dev toolkits to get released.  I want that too, but I also want to get my mitts on all the marketing and design documents that were bouncing between the devs and the publishers.  There's bound to be some juicy stuff in there!

But yeah; more inventory is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.  10 Enhancement Trays, with 10 Slots a piece seems reasonable.  That would cover a fully-slotted tri-form Kheldian, right?