Unlocking Outfit Piece Selections

Nylithe

To put it simply, I feel there are a lot of costume options that seem not uniform as to why they are simply 'not-an-option' when you're wearing a certain outfit piece. For example, if you're wearing a hood, you are able to wear the carnival of light/war/etc. mask, but the floating halos themselves are not an option with the second slot when aesthetically they shouldn't clip. Further, way back when Bolero's were added in a magic pack to retail you could wear back pieces with the 'robe'. I remember specifically choosing high-collars and fringe which had a very neat combination with the outfit itself, much to my horror down the line the option was removed, and persistently on homecoming bolero's can't get any back options, not even wings or backpacks Just a bugged crab backpack.

As it stands tights seem to be the only hard option to use anything you want, a lot of side options would open up with loosened restrictions. And honestly if clipping is the reason, I question why celestial or ascension gloves work with bolero sleeves as an option, and so on and so forth. I could go on a costume tirade, but feel most probably know this headache especially those who enjoy a more elaborate look.

• Like 1

I'd also like to see the various pieces usable regardless of clipping, since I remember deliberately clipping pieces together  to create new looks before they were "fixed". Maybe have a pop-up warning of clipping issues to nip the "I didn't want my costume to clip and now I'm mad" rants in the bud.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

The thing about some things not being able to be used together because they would clip is that there are already plenty of existing combinations of costume pieces that will clip... some may even be aesthetically pleasing while others not so much.  But why all the fuss over keeping things from players' choice because of clipping when that problem exists in other areas?  What makes the barred combinations special that they had to be denied to players?