A Special Halloween Base!

Dacy

• Community Rep

I made a base especially for Halloween. Well, it's also to be able to hand out goodies courtesy of @VileTerror's event, but I thought, hey, let's make a fun Halloween base, something really interactive. I've gotten lots of excitement from those who have been through it, and I invite you to come and see! For the most fun, turn off fly, and set /visscale to 5 or better. Happy exploring! And be sure to show up on Halloween for your special treat! It's a nice one!

Code BOO-17189, on Everlasting!

-Dacy1285925915_hauntedhouse.thumb.png.fe558e2a68e7545017a39899c771071b.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Your bases are incredible, including this one.  Your YouTube videos have made base building so much easier and better for me.

How did you highlight the Trick or treat letters, and make them rotate?  That is awesome.  All I see is basic letters in the alphabet.

Thanks,

Hrane

• Like 1

• Community Rep

You are so kind! Thank you. 

The alphabet letters are not the only alphabet available, there is a full alphabet in the sg logos as well. So, anything that can display a sg logo can be used to write things. This includes banners, sg dividers in dividers and the sg logo displays and podiums in tech. (I am not sure of the exact names of those items offhand). I’ve also made my own letters from a variety of items, including bathroom stall panels, candles, soap, bones, and candy boxes. The lit, rotating letters are the logo displays from tech. 

-Dacy 

Went through this last night with a friend and it was awesome! I had seen the screenshot of the dragon head before but seeing it up close and personally was even better. My favorite part was after I posted the code in our SG Discord, I heard my roommate scream "NO! I'M IN THE SHARK PIT AGAIN!" Well done!

• 4 weeks later
  • Community Rep

Thank you!

The Halloween base is a seasonal base, it will be back next year with expansions! But, especially since I have not yet started those expansions, I will be happy to do a private tour if you would like.

Any item that will show a sg symbol can be something that you use for lettering. The sg symbols have the full alphabet on them, you just need to change the sg logo each time you place a new letter. The items with sg logos on them are: Banners, podiums, floor plates, and SG holograms (podiums are either arcane or tech, under those tabs, holograms are under the tech tab). The holograms are what I  used in the Halloween base, they rotate. The banners I usually put just slightly behind the wall (this may take more than a few attempts) so that only the logo is showing. Also, many other items in the base may be used to create letters. I've used candles, soap, duckies, candy boxes (do not recommend), bones, wood...many things.

-Dacy

• 4 weeks later