Make Point du Hoc a "medic station"

Greycat

So, it happens frequently. You're on an MSR, you die, you get sent back to the Vanguard base and have to make your way back. Normally, this isn't much of a big deal - you can stop off and sell off things, pick up inspirations, level if you're under 50 - but it takes some time to get back. (Yes, someone can teleport you - maybe - if they see the request and it actually fires off. I've had to try 3-4x in the midst of a raid.)

There are two specific times the travel time gets frustrating. One, fighting Ukon, and two, fighting the dropship. In both instances, if you get killed and can't safely get up (you died in the middle of a pack of Rikti, or by a pylon, say,) you have to teleport back to the base... and there's just no way you're getting back in time to get rewards for killing either of them, regardless of how much you've done. (Heck, being someone with a rez, stopping TO rez someone can sometimes take just long enough to be out of range for the rewards for a dropship kill.) These have distinct rewards, both in V-merits and (more of interest, since raids give so many V merits as it is) reward merits, plus of course badges.

Granted, it's a minor irritation, but being able to utilize something closer - namely the typical gathering point, Point du Hoc, as a "med station" would be nice in these cases. At least having it as an option.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

This feels like one of those things that sounds really doable on paper but the game refuses to budge. Do any maps have a second hospital location? Struggling to think of one.

I'd be for it if it's possible. I like to travel around the city, but RWZ gets old fast.

Edited by Lines

20 minutes ago, Apparition said:

You can just do an instanced MSR, where the hospital is already at the Point du Hoc Vanguard compound. :classic_wink:

Not if the people running the raid you join don't do that. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

25 minutes ago, Lines said:

This feels like one of those things that sounds really doable on paper but the game refuses to budge. Do any maps have a second hospital location? Struggling to think of one.

I'd be for it if it's possible. I like to travel around the city, but RWZ gets old fast.

No map has two hospital locations.

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Not if the people running the raid you join don't do that. 🙂

That's a pity.  Well, you could try starting one, or you're more than welcome to join one of the instanced MSRs I lead on Excelsior.