Patch Notes for November 17th, 2020

Jimmy

• City Council

This is a server-side configuration update only

General

• Reduced the low safe population cap in Kings Row to 20 players (previously it was 200)
    • This will cause a new instance of Kings Row to open up if you gather 20 people in Kings Row, allowing you to run the Paladin event at any time
    • Note: The Paladin event can still fail to start properly even in a fresh zone - you may need to repeat this process again until the event starts properly
    • This does not impact the maximum players allowed in the zone - this remains unchanged

Due to a longstanding bug, the Paladin event will only run once per copy of the zone (and even then, it may not actually start correctly). With this configuration change, you can now open up a new copy of the zone fairly easy in order to run the event. This configuration change will remain in effect until the Paladin event has been fixed, at which point we will set the cap back to 200.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 15

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Very small deal, but it's good to see you working on fixing all kinds of little problems.  I also appreciate a little patch like this instead of the ol' "hoard all the fixes and everything else for a semi-annual patching" like the Retails days of yore.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've been sort of leveling up a couple of lowbies and twice recently I've ducked into KR and seen some notification about the event, but didn't think much of it at the time.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

well.... now i am just going to HAVE to make a new hero to hang out around king's row.....  

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up.