What to pair with Katana? Bio or Rad?

Fomsie

Hello all,

I am reworking a character concept as a Tanker, and am trying to decide which Primary to go with to best work with Katana... Bio, or Radiation Armor?

Obviously both have their perks, and Katana seems to shore up the S/L defense hole in Bio nicely, but I am unsure which is going to make a more survivable and more damaging pair up.

Any input would be appreciated.

You're asking if you want to be more durable or do more damage. You are the one who knows the answer to that. Katana helps with Bio's lack of defenses but it only adds 15% to Slash/Melee unlike as with all other ATs where it reaches 45% via stacking.

Heck, Fire/Katana did really well in survival and damage when I tried it other than exemplaring in a mediocre manner.

• Like 1

Bio. Its rare. MAYBE there is another choice to be more min/maxed but at the same time... being unique will make you known and you'll still do 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% of content exactly the same.

Everlasting
Light Star character series
Twink character series

On 11/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, Fomsie said:

Obviously both have their perks, and Katana seems to shore up the S/L defense hole in Bio nicely, but I am unsure which is going to make a more survivable and more damaging pair up.

If this helps the decision: Katana buffs Lethal/Melee, not Smashing/Lethal.  More damage is Smashing than Lethal, so you'll wind up with oddly inconsistent defense.