Best Ice/Ice archetype?

Virtual Green

So I've recently been meaning to create an ideally full Ice toon, akin to characters like Frozone or Iceman in terms of playstyle and theme. Unfortunately, I'm thoroughly unfamiliar with Ice powersets and how well they performe and/or synergize.

So, what would be the optimal Ice/Ice (maybe with an /Ice PP, even) character, between Blaster and Corruptor? (I haven't heard great things about Ice Control, hence why I'm not including Controllers and Dominators, and Ice Armor on Sentinels is apparently pretty disappointing)

Tanker.

The only archetype where Ice Armor turns into something worth playing is Tankers, and it comes out pretty good. The only archetype where Ice Melee turns into something worth playing is Tankers, where you don't mind the lower damage so much because you're not a DPS cannon, and the tanker inherent turns Frost from 'really good melee cone' to 'hahaha, this is utterly bonkers'.

• Like 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

11 minutes ago, SaintD said:

Tanker.

The only archetype where Ice Armor turns into something worth playing is Tankers, and it comes out pretty good. The only archetype where Ice Melee turns into something worth playing is Tankers, where you don't mind the lower damage so much because you're not a DPS cannon, and the tanker inherent turns Frost from 'really good melee cone' to 'hahaha, this is utterly bonkers'.

Nope. Stalker or Scrapper. Cos you get a decent Tier 9, and if you miss the old one you can get that too. 

Ice Melee on a Stalker is excellent because poopy Greater Ice Sword turns into amazing Icy Death Move. 

• Like 3