Call me crazy, but I think more customization options would be AWESOME!

It's cool how we can choose our assault rifle models, and colors, but I *WISH* we could choose the SOUNDS used for them! Like... There are different sound structures currently present for the different guns, but why can't we choose the sounds our guns make? Like, seriously!

Also, Assault Rifle and Mercenaries powers should give us the ability to smack people with the backsides of our guns.... Oh, and for the sake of having a Vanguard Rifle, can we have their bayonet thing, too? Asking for a friend...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ender Shadowborne said:

It's cool how we can choose our assault rifle models, and colors, but I *WISH* we could choose the SOUNDS used for them! Like... There are different sound structures currently present for the different guns, but why can't we choose the sounds our guns make? Like, seriously!

Also, Assault Rifle and Mercenaries powers should give us the ability to smack people with the backsides of our guns.... Oh, and for the sake of having a Vanguard Rifle, can we have their bayonet thing, too? Asking for a friend...

In a way you can, @Solarverse has done editing of sound files and discussed how others could do it on their own, though this might not be exactly what you're looking for since it'll only change what you hear, may change the sounds of other powers, and you can't customize it from toon to toon without swapping edited files every time you switch.

As for baked in sound customization so others can hear "pew pew" rather than "bang bang" I imagine it'd be a ton of work, so not opposed to the idea, just don't know how feasible it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dragon Crush said:

In a way you can, @Solarverse has done editing of sound files and discussed how others could do it on their own, though this might not be exactly what you're looking for since it'll only change what you hear, may change the sounds of other powers, and you can't customize it from toon to toon without swapping edited files every time you switch.

As for baked in sound customization so others can hear "pew pew" rather than "bang bang" I imagine it'd be a ton of work, so not opposed to the idea, just don't know how feasible it is.

I'm on a Mac, so it's pretty much impossible for me to do this, at least for me, as my coh folder is in my "Applications" folder on my Mac...

I would have to check with PK to see if he has a Mac version of the CoH Modder tool. otherwise all mods would have to be installed manually since you are using a Mac. The location of your folder won't matter. What is important is that your mod go under the City of Heroes Folder (or in the Homecoming folder if you are using the new Homecoming Launcher) and you add in a data folder to put your mods in.

I have a Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX Mod for Beam Rifle, Mercs and Assault Rifle if you are interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ender Shadowborne said:

Unzip this file, then click and drag the Data Folder to your City of Heroes Folder and play your Mercs or Assault Rifle character. Enjoy!

Plasma Rifle SFX for AR.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later