Some Oroboros badges bugged?

erc1971

I did a level 15-19 story arc in Oroboros using no temp powers and being debuffed.  This should have awarded me 2 badges, but I received none.  Is there an issue?

I was able to get the 1-15 badges just fine and got a badge last night for 25-29.

Eric

The Ouroboros challenge badges will not give badges if you are doing missions, you need to use them on Story Arcs. I discovered this myself the same way. You have to be sure that you're completing a story arc to get the badges.

Some of the mid-range badges are indeed bugged and are being given at the wrong tiers.  For example, Hear and Now (25-29) gave me Adventurous (20-24).

I think it's safest to fill out the 1-19 and 40-50 badges first since those seem mostly correct, then you can worry about what's giving what later.

Edit: To anyone stumbling across this thread, read Europa's post below for the solution.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

Do not forget that some of the contacts had their ranges adjusted to make things easier/more readable.  The old 1-15 was split on these servers.

Ouroboros:

The mission list in Ouroboros is now sorted by Issue number and then story arc, within each level range. The exact order within each issue might be up for debate.

Adjusted the Ouroboros level "buckets" so the first one (1-15) is split into 1-9 and 10-14, the next one over (16-19) becomes 15-19, the second to last (40-45) becomes 40-49 and the last one (46-50) becomes 50. This helps with the first and last bucket containing a huge amount of missions, while populating the near-empty middle ones a bit more.

I did not see anything regarding the Ouro Challenge badges being changed/updated so it might take some time to figure out which story arcs work for each badge.

My wife and I are trying to get all the Oroboros badges too.  Unimaginative Badge seems be bugged.  That is the 15-19 no Insp.  We have all the rest of the 1-15 and 15-19 badges, but that one does't seem want to pop.

One thing I've noticed is that the badges seem to sort the arcs by their actual level range, not the tier they're sorted into in Ouroboros.  For example, the Neutropolis arcs cap out at 20 and are sorted into the 20-24 level range, but don't award the badges for that range.  They do award badges for the 15-19 range.  Same with Mercedes Sheldon's hero arcs, they're sorted into 25-29 but they cap out at 25 and awarded the badges for the 20-24 range.

Arcs that awarded badges for me:  All the Faultline, Striga, Croatoa, Mercedes Sheldon's hero arcs (when going by their actual level range), Atlas Park and a few Nova Praetoria arcs, all the issue 6 and 7 CoV arcs I've done.  Unfortunately I don't remember which badges I got from which arcs.  But a lot of them predate Ouroboros so they should work like they did on live.

SOLVED

As mentioned above the Missions in Oroboros was realigned.  After comparing the mission list with the mission arcs in paragonwiki I noted that indeed there are some changes.  I found an arc that was listed in the wiki as a 15-19 and Oroboros held it as a 20-24 and then I ran it with no Insp.  Sure enough, I earned the unimagined badge which is the no inspirations for level 15-19.

THE SOLUTION:  Use Paragonwiki (posted below) to find the missions to run for the badges; Do not follow how they are listed in Ouroboros.  As a bonus, it also gives you information such as how many doors are in the mission, how many are clears, and patrols, which makes it easier to decide which badges to go for.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Hero_Story_Arcs 

I wasn't awarded the 15-19 personal debuff badge when running a Praetorian arc last night.  Will need to try it again with a different story arc in that range to see if it's just Praetorian wonkiness.

EDIT:  Just did 1 of the 15-19 arcs that had me at level 15, no debuff badge.  Will try another that has me at level 19.

Just ran Clamor and Destruction (25-29) with enemies buffed and no temp powers to try and receive the 20-24 badges for those categories.  Instead, I received Demarcated (46-50 with no temp powers) and the Chronomaster accolade (I'm still missing badges).

BZ8BQvU.jpg

This is very weird.

Edit: Eva and Europa are correct based on the 6 story arcs I did yesterday.  Clamor and Destruction in particular seems to be messed up.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

Ok, after doing an Ouro arc that had my character down to 19, I finally got the Headstrong badge (15-19 debuff).  So yeah, this is further confirmation on Eva Destruction's and europa's observations in that it's how the arcs are sorted.

How Veracor got those badges I have no idea.

• 4 months later

Just ran in to this shitty stinking problem myself... Ran a ton of 1-10 missions and only got the bronze medal and refrained form the first arc.

Just ran another arc (twinshot thingy) to see if a story arc would give me the damn badges... Nope.. Did count for the "5 missions done" badge, but nothing else.

This reminded me of 1. why I left the game 2 years before shutdown and 2. never ever bothered about achievements in any other game ever again, until this game dragged me back in.

I now feel like the stereotype of an emo kid; I hate life, myself, the game and everyone around me.