Atlas Park's next stop is Talos Island?!

Ender Shadowborne

So I was just rushing to the Atlas Park Transit Center to do a mission..... As you do, I notice that the mono-textured next stop sign says "NEXT STOP: TALOS ISLAND >>>" And I was like "Huh?" then after the mish, I look further, and last I recall, the yellow line doesn't go to Talos.... I think the next stop was Steel Canyon South... r/softwaregore anyone? Anyway.... yeah.... found a bug!

Of course after filing this with a petition, would it be safe for me to assume that this bug is here to stay?

Sometime before the shutdown the original Devs combined the Yellow and Green Tram lines into one network and removed the old Hazard Zone and Level Based lockouts, leaving it up to the players to decide if going to Founder's Falls at level 2 was a good idea. Because of that change, the Tram Signage can show any destination available on the entire Tram network.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Just now, Marine X said:

Sometime before the shutdown the original Devs combined the Yellow and Green Tram lines into one network and removed the old Hazard Zone and Level Based lockouts, leaving it up to the players to decide if going to Founder's Falls at level 2 was a good idea. Because of that change, the Tram Signage can show any destination available on the entire Tram network.

Shouldn't, because I remember even here on HC, the signs still shared the right behavior, even on the maps it shows separate lines, so......

They show as separate lines on the map, but you weren't supposed to notice that they never edited the map, lol, but if you click to use the Tram you'll see all possible destinations listed. Maybe the Map maker was on a permanent Holiday, who knows. It is definately better combined. You used to have to run the full length of Steel Canyon ( No Travel powers till level 14 ) to get from the Yellow Line Station to the Green Line Station.

The Old breakdown was:

Yellow: Atlas, Kings Row, Steel South, Skyway North.

Green: Steel North, Skyway South, Talos, Indy Port, Croatoa, Founders.

• Like 1

Marine X

13 hours ago, Marine X said:

You used to have to run the full length of Steel Canyon ( No Travel powers till level 14 ) to get from the Yellow Line Station to the Green Line Station.

After Issue 9, you could also run half the length of Skyway...  Steel was much easier.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I think the next destination displayed is based on the last player to access the system, I will have to test this, but I think when you select your destination it will be displayed on the sign. It used to do that when they were separate, and since all stations are available from any Tram, it can show any one selected. I'll check it to be sure.

Marine X

7 hours ago, Ender Shadowborne said:

Uhhhh..... still though.... Shouldn’t the signs still at least be somewhat accurate? Like the signs alone.....

The signs are accurate; the map is what is wrong. You can tell this because if the map was accurate, it would be impossible to go from Yellow to Green line without travelling between the tram lines.

Since no-one in their right mind would design a tram system with two lines that have no interchange, presumably the interchange at Paragon Hauptbahnhof was destroyed in the Rikti War, and it has since been restored to service.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:21 PM, Ender Shadowborne said:

But my issue still stands.... shouldn't the signs still share the same behavior as before?

It has ALWAYS been this way even back on live.  There has been no change in this.  I remember always laughing at the scrolling signs above the tram doors as random zones would appear.  This is NOT a bug.  This isn't a change that was implemented.  This is exactly how it was in live, even after the Devs combined the yellow and green line trams so you could travel to any zone with a tram from any station.

16 minutes ago, MrGoodfellow said:

It has ALWAYS been this way even back on live.  There has been no change in this.  I remember always laughing at the scrolling signs above the tram doors as random zones would appear.  This is NOT a bug.  This isn't a change that was implemented.  This is exactly how it was in live, even after the Devs combined the yellow and green line trams so you could travel to any zone with a tram from any station.

... *sighs* Fine.....

On 12/17/2020 at 4:56 PM, Marine X said:

They show as separate lines on the map, but you weren't supposed to notice that they never edited the map, lol, but if you click to use the Tram you'll see all possible destinations listed. Maybe the Map maker was on a permanent Holiday, who knows. It is definately better combined. You used to have to run the full length of Steel Canyon ( No Travel powers till level 14 ) to get from the Yellow Line Station to the Green Line Station.

The Old breakdown was:

Yellow: Atlas, Kings Row, Steel South, Skyway North.

Green: Steel North, Skyway South, Talos, Indy Port, Croatoa, Founders.

Everyone forgets about Galaxy City was also on the Yellow Line.  (Get a ton of 2nd gen Shivans dropped on you and it's like the MiB did the cleanup.)  Skyway South and Founders Falls Green Line Stations were added in Issue 9.  And the Yellow Line and the Green Line were merged in Issue 19.