Grav/Psi/Ice - Fold Space

KaizenSoze

My latest attempt at doms post i27.

I know gravity is not considered a great dom set, but I just couldn't resist the idea of wormhole and fold space.

Solves the small radius problem with Psychic Drain because the mobs are dropped at your feet.

The idea on teams is to feed the melee with fresh mobs. Create nice tidy clumps for AOE.

Decent defense, not a powerhouse, but can solo anything at 4x4 minimal on the beta server.

Probably could use more damage, not sure what are the best powers in Psychic Assault. Or slotting.

Tried to maximize single target hold so I would have plenty of time to get impact damage.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(7)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(7), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(50)
Level 4: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Propel -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Apc-Dmg(19), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(19), Apc-Dam%(21), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(27)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(29)
Level 12: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(29)
Level 14: Teleport Target -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Hold(31), Lck-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg(33), ThfofEss-Acc/Heal(34), PrfShf-End%(34), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(34), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 22: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36), Acc-I(36)
Level 26: Wormhole -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), AbsAmz-Stun(37), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(37), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(37), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(39), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(39)
Level 28: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39)
Level 32: Singularity -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(42), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(46), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(11), PrfShf-End%(13)
------------

Grav/Psi is probably the most "functional" of the Grav Dom pairings, so there's that. Drain Psyche is a strong enough power to somewhat justify rolling Dominator. Psi Assault also has atrocious single target ranged damage so benefits from Lift and Propel.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the build to load in Mids because I dont have the newest version, so I'm commenting generically.

The chart below shows the results with Impact. To get the results without you have to manually calculate them. Note a Mind Probe > TK Thrust chain is still superior to Lift and especially Propel, but its also Psi damage (heavily resisted in some parts of the game) and point blank.

image.png.677da2d18ac462ec73d516a280d74f7d.png

I did notice you didn't take TK thrust, which may or may not matter for a Gravity Dom, because Lift mostly duplicates its function even if it does a less damage without Impact. (Note to anyone taking a set other than Gravity, you usually do want TK Thrust for the high DPS + 100% chance to knockback).

Fold Space and Wormhole are both teleports that can bunch up enemies but the similarities end there. I think Fold Space is an excellent power for a Gravity character because you can use it to port scattered enemies into a convenient mass.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I am very happy. After many attempts this dom fits my playstyle!

It's effective without perma dom. Help clear mobs faster by clumping them into the existing kill zone.

No endurance issues above level 15. Decent s/l defense.

The slotting is very different from the original build, more decimation and other pieces for recharge.

Wormhole is used as you would expect.

The pet is of course awesome.

Fold space is used in three ways.

Clump spread out spawns

Pull other groups into the kill zone

Grabbing strays that wormhole missed

I am still working on integrating combat tp into the attack chain

Opening attack chain goes like this:

Wormhole group/Fold Space->Sleet->Drain Psyche->Psychic Shockwave->Crushing Field->Gravity distortion->Propel

• 4 weeks later

Fold space targets the 16 nearest targets and brings them in.  its not that great

the amount of times that

you will need two enemy tele

ports will be slim and how fast the game moves (other players killing speed) stuff will be dead before you get a chance to

wormhole.

The way to use Fold Space is to tap it when you're confused by the layout of the battle and need to vampire some enemies for health and recovery to stay alive with Drain Psyche. It's not a replacement for Wormhole, more of a reliability check. It helps that the recharge is close to Drain Psyche so you can chain one into the other.

One habit its worth getting into by the way is to tap Combat Teleport just before Drain Psyches you really need to land, like against AVs. It stacks +ToHit. If you're careful you can actually underslot Drain Psyche for Accuracy and rely on the +ToHit to max out your hit chances. Helps to Combat Teleport before an AoE Hold as well to increase its chances of landing.

Edited by oedipus_tex

On 1/26/2021 at 10:27 PM, SmokenBongs said:

@KaizenSoze what build did you end up with in the end?

I'm working on a grav/mind dom currently and I'd love to see where you ended up.

If you or any other Grav Dom experts could share, I'd be very appreciative.

Here is my current build. Still enjoying it.

That's an understatement. It's my favorite next to my Fortuana.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(3), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(7), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Gravity Distortion -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(17), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(17), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19)
Level 6: Propel -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(19), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(21), Apc-Dam%(23), Apc-Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(27)
Level 10: Mental Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Dcm-Build%(31)
Level 12: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Teleport Target -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(33), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(34)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(36), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(36), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(36), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(37)
Level 22: Combat Teleport -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 24: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), Acc-I(37)
Level 26: Wormhole -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), AbsAmz-Stun(39), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(39), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(39), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(40), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(40)
Level 28: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1: Domination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 1

Nice, someone else made the same type of Dom I did!  On live, he took the Black Scorpion Pool pre alignment changes for Poison Ray and the Shield.  But yeah, I like the combos.  Lotta support aoe, decent damage, more so with perma-dom levels of recharge, and so forth.