Base Builders Global Channel?

leiter

Hi all! I know for a fact we have some amazing base builders on our server. I'm always really excited to see someone's passcode shared. As great as the resources on these forums and the Discord are, I find myself wishing for a network of base builders in-game, someone to talk to while placing our millionth desks, find a new base to be inspired by, or just to toss ideas around with. Is there a Global channel that caters to this already? If not, would there be any interest?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'm pretty sure there is one and I used to be on it. The problem with global channels is they don't get used.

Depends on the interest, sure. It would at least give me somewhere to ramble without pissing off LFG or General. Any idea what it was called?

I believe you may find information more helpful to Base Building in the Base Building Board:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/30-base-construction/

I'll also try to summon @Dacy to come and chime in, because I feel she's really the best resource to tap on the subject of Bases and the community of Builders.

But I do hope this means you're building on Everlasting @leiter!   I look forward to seeing your creations!

1 hour ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I believe you may find information more helpful to Base Building in the Base Building Board:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/30-base-construction/

I thought about posting this there, but I figured global channels are server specific.

1 hour ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

But I do hope this means you're building on Everlasting @leiter!   I look forward to seeing your creations!

It's a rough work in progress but I am indeed! It was my favorite part of the game on live, and I'm having a blast with the new items and capabilities.

• Like 1

Ah, no!  Global Channels reach all Shards.  That's what makes them Global.

The upgrades to the Base Builder are absolutely stellar.  I hope the Devs consider further development as a priority.  The jankiness is a little frustrating for someone like me who doesn't have the patience or talent to make true masterpieces like other players.

• Community Rep

There is a base building channel, Base Builders Inc. There is also the HC base building topic on Discord, which is well populated, and I also have a channel on Discord for base building. Any and all are great places to sing out if you need help or want someone to come have a look at what you've done! 🙂

-Dacy

• Like 1

Thank you! I found your videos today and have been really enjoying them. They are a great shortcut to getting familiar with all the pieces that have been added to the editor without me actually spending a year or so poking around.

• Like 2