Seeking Super Group

WhiteDwarf

I almost always solo, but I’ve reached a place ...personally and in game... where I need team mates. Personally, I’m feeling a little isolated in game, and it’s making me feel less like playing.  I’ve also reached a point with some of my characters where soloing is becoming difficult. So I’m looking for a super group that’s the right fit for me. (I don’t want to be useless or a burden on a group.) 

I’m a casual player and would like to be able to join team mates when I do log on. On a team, I’m good in the support roles of dominators, blasters, and controllers. (I’m an altaholic, so have many characters from level 2 to the 30s.) I handle brutes well, but I’m not good at (nor enjoy) tanking. As I’m usually soloing, I have little experience with task forces, but would be happy to join in if I’m free.

I enjoy experiencing the game, not farming to 50 as fast as possible. I can even do casual role playing, though it’s hard to type and fight at the same time. I like making pun characters (Diminutaur, Spam-Thing, Pentagramma) and like the idea of theme groups or teams (food, animals, etc).

So if you know a super group that would benefit from having me, please post or message me.  Thank you.
-WD
Edited by WhiteDwarf

Champions, DC Heroes, Underground: the Roleplaying Game. Not just a list of games I’ve played, it’s also a resume.

If you're on Discord, all shards have a tab that recruits SG members according to their liking. Some prefer role-playing, others themed AT or powers, or low-level vs. incarnate stuff and pretty much everything in between.

Incidentally, I'm an altoholic who solos a lot too. While I have a personal SG mainly to house my stash, I do have characters that belong in separate SGs. My spiders are in an all VEAT SG, my Praetorian Loyalists are in a gold-side SG, soon I'll put up a Resistance SG (as soon as my base-building skills are up to par). I have toons that belong in a quasi-SG which are themed toons that run together regularly (like MM Mondays, Tanker Tuesday Saturdays, TWANG--all archer bi-weekly group), etc. My toons on Excel are part of a challenge SG, the Issue 0 challenge.

I'm sure you'll find like-minded peeps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Six-Six said:

If you're on Discord, all shards have a tab that recruits SG members according to their liking. Some prefer role-playing, others themed AT or powers, or low-level vs. incarnate stuff and pretty much everything in between

Do you happen to know where the link is for that? I’ve scanned the boards, but I’m only finding expired links.

Champions, DC Heroes, Underground: the Roleplaying Game. Not just a list of games I’ve played, it’s also a resume.

18 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Here's the link for Reunion:

https://discord.com/channels/572090223115239444/575462866304368640

if you scroll a bit more down, you'll see the ones for each shard

The link takes me to a "no text channel." There’s nothing there. 

12 hours ago, Six-Six said:

long way is:

1) log in to discord

2) join HC (you can follow the link from the forum's home page, 4th category down)
3) in HC Discord, scroll down to where the shards are listed

4) each shard has subchannels, one of them is recruitment

EDIT: I think I found the general CoH discord channel. Thanks again.

Sorry, I’m not very familiar with discord. Again the link takes me to no text channel.  I can log into discord, but I don’t know what HC is. I assume I need to be connected to the Reunion channel to scroll down the the shards, and I can’t get that far.

Edited by WhiteDwarf

Where you are right now, the forums, scroll up and click "HOME" button:

Home.png.316582b614cbfd3697094d41287c1cf9.png

Then from there, scroll down a bit and click the "Follow this link to join our Discord server!" It's a hyperlink that I can't copy/paste here.

Disc.png.2ec3eb9e2e17a9fe2d06c0003799fb68.png

It should bring you here:

553303400_DiscHome.png.7af9cfe21a23a572c0f0c54d6447450b.png

the just scroll down the left panel and you should see these:

panel.png.fc911e00aacb6e5e1f3b6148b79c6a42.png

Each Shard (Reunion, Excelsior, Indomitable, Everlasting, Torchbearer) should have it's own 4 sub channels. what you want is the "# [shard name]-recruit"

• 3 months later