PB Powerhouse

Snarky

I have been trying for years to build a ranged squishy.  Actually have come close to being happy a few times.  My latest Grav/Dark is a decent ranged build.

But in doing so I have, slowly, come to get more comfortable in close with squishies.   As I was researching I came across a few powersets that seemed very powerful for up close and personal work.

Ice/Psi/Soul looks like a glass supernova.  At least to me.  I looked at Dark as the primary for the to hit debuffs and the PBAoE , but the Location Hold is a bitch for me to work with.  Ice gives even Blasters control, and the PBAoE hold is what I want.  The Artic Air fits well.  Psi gets Shockwave and drain psyche.  nuff said.  Soul gives one of the best gimick buff in the game if it works like the brute version.  Soul Drain.  AND Dark Consumption.  I am actually going to build this thing and see if I can run it.  armor....ooof.  Have not started looking at MiDs yet.  Ranged Def is near worthless... try for S/L?  

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  This will be.....either great or horrid.  But it will...be...EPIC

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I looked at Dark as the primary for the to hit debuffs and the PBAoE , but the Location Hold is a bitch for me to work with.  Ice gives even Blasters control, and the PBAoE hold is what I want.

FWIW you can macro Dark's targeted AOE hold to (i) use a target and (ii) I believe that target can be yourself, but in either case it makes using it pretty easy. One nice thing about the Dark AOE hold is I think the to-hit buff lingers in the hold-bubble area for a long time? 

Honestly the great thing about Dark is using the PBAOE stun as a proc-bomb mini nuke -- under Domination, it still stuns for plenty long and you can just slot for damage procs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brasilgringo said:

FWIW you can macro Dark's targeted AOE hold to (i) use a target and (ii) I believe that target can be yourself, but in either case it makes using it pretty easy. One nice thing about the Dark AOE hold is I think the to-hit buff lingers in the hold-bubble area for a long time? 

Honestly the great thing about Dark is using the PBAOE stun as a proc-bomb mini nuke -- under Domination, it still stuns for plenty long and you can just slot for damage procs.

Thank you.  I just looked at this again for a few minutes.  It seems, at first glance, Ice has a TON more area coverage with its powers.  Lot of BIG footprint stuff.  I want a ton of output from this build as far as what I am screwing with.  If you are going to be a PBAoE battery then the order of the day is to light it up! lol,  er, right?

I use to run doms often on live built in different ways. You would be surprised at what you can get away with in regards to no self heal, low defense and low resists ( assumed 4/8 54 solo). But you generally have to be  aggressive and proactive in your play style (lock down minions, burn and lock down bosses). In general I've found AoE holds to be the least reliable method to pull a glass cannon dom builds off.  Honestly, from my own personal play experience the best AoE type of holds i've ever used were from proc'd poison trap (I've found the /poison variant more reliable than the /trap version) and the aoe location hold in /time both of which obviously are not in the dom kit. Generally Stun/confuse/sleep/knockdown/fear have always been pretty spot on from controlling aggro and alpha. Earth of all the primaries I found to be the easiest and safest method to run a glass cannon style dom on..( volcano gas works fairly well as a aoe hold.) The last dom I built that was played that way was my mind/nrg here on homecoming (less safe than earth but more damage).

I tend to run Doms just on teams.  I actually generally team on everything except on specific "Solo all Redside" project type stuff.  So just trying to figure out how to be in the shit amongst 7-23 companions and 30-100 baddies and not get hate

/macro SF powexeclocation target "Shadow Field"   - will drop beneath your current target

/macro SF powexeclocation self "Shadow Field"   - will drop beneath you

It will change your life. Also recommend for powers like Ice Slick, Static Field, etc.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1