I want to make a BuffDeBuffer

MythsnWraiths

More specifically, I would like to make a character who can effectively and consistently keep his party at or near the damage buff cap while effectively and consistently applying -res debuffs on enemies.

Background: I currently have a Kinetic/Sonic defender who is impressive at enabling teams. He is fun to play and quite an asset, especially on melee heavy teams. I believe this character fits well into end game content when many players have little need of a buff/debuff that does not help them do more damage. Because of specific capability gaps in this character, I come humbly to seek the forums' advice. In short, I have an enabler but what I want is an ENABLER!

Problem: While a kin/sonic can buff damage and can debuff resistance, it can't effectively do both consistently. Fulcrum shift relies on large crowds (becoming less effective in long single-target fights) and sonic's -res takes time to stack up. It also relies primarily on cones and single-target attacks. Admittedly, the problem with FS depending on crowds is a minor one. So my concern is more with the resistance debuff.

Question: Is there a power set/pool/epic pool/incarnate combo that can effectively and consistently keep a party at or near the damage buff cap while effectively and consistently applying resistance debuffs to a large groups of enemies? 

Facts/Assumptions: 1.) There are no limitations to influence and resources. 2.) I am not married to the idea of a ??/kinetic, though it seems an obvious choice. 3). Opinions supported by facts/data are preferable to opinions stated absent of facts/data. 

You've found the closest you'll find to your objective already.  Only Kin gets to the damage cap.

Other +DMG buffs I can think of from a buff set (numbers are Defender values for best case):

EA - Empowering Circuit (37.5)

Empathy - Fort (31.25)*

Nature - Overgrowth (82.5)

Pain - World of Pain (20) (also has Painbringer but only affects 1 ally)

Rad - AM (25)

Thermal - Forge (50)*

Time - Temporal Selection (31.25)*

* Single target buff that can affect some number of teammates based on your recharge and diligence.

Kin, best case is 10* 25 + 50 = 300 for one casting.

One Howl provides a -20 resist debuff (before adjustments).  Not too shabby.  Kin/Sonic Def is undeniably the king of combining +dmg and -res.

4 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

You've found the closest you'll find to your objective already.  Only Kin gets to the damage cap.

Other +DMG buffs I can think of from a buff set (numbers are Defender values for best case):

EA - Empowering Circuit (37.5)

Empathy - Fort (31.25)*

Nature - Overgrowth (82.5)

Pain - World of Pain (20) (also has Painbringer but only affects 1 ally)

Rad - AM (25)

Thermal - Forge (50)*

Time - Temporal Selection (31.25)*

* Single target buff that can affect some number of teammates based on your recharge and diligence.

Kin, best case is 10* 25 + 50 = 300 for one casting.

One Howl provides a -20 resist debuff (before adjustments).  Not too shabby.  Kin/Sonic Def is undeniably the king of combining +dmg and -res.

I suspected that might be the case but, of course, was hoping for another answer. Thank you for the thorough response and number breakdown.  That is very helpful in considering what kind of hero I might build for the fun of playing them, though you have clearly pointed out they will not match the Kin/Sonic's effectiveness in what I was hoping to do. Thank's again for the response!

You could always go rad/kin corruptor for +dmg. -def and -res via all 3 -res procs.

Sonic is just not a very fun blast set, the animation, cones and rooting just makes the user suffer while dangling the -res carrot. Rad blast is a smoother experience and synergizes with kin better for your own damage dealing fun.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

4 hours ago, Nemu said:

You could always go rad/kin corruptor for +dmg. -def and -res via all 3 -res procs.

I had given the idea of leaning on procs consideration. Would something with aura's and more AoE effects be more consistent than a Rad? The Rad's -def is icing on the cake for sure, but it is unneeded icing.

Rad blast is the obvious pick because it can fit all 3 -res procs. Dual pistols could also work, it has powers that can fit all 3 procs and you can switch to chemical for -dmg.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

• 3 weeks later

I'm speaking as if your making a defender. 

If you go with Cold/ or Storm/ both give +def with their auras and with enough +rec you can have Sleet/Freezing Rain down every mob and/or doublestack them if you can fully IO yourself. Cold/ is a better buffer with its Ice Shields and Recovery buff in Heatloss. You can also take Leadership: Assault which I think gives +18 dmg as a defender to the team.

A Rad/ would also provide you with -res and a +dmg/+recovery buff but not as much -res as Cold/ or /Storm could potentially do because of double stacking the rains. Cold/ also has heatloss which reduces -res even further than Storm/ or Rad/ and gives more +recovery than Rad/.

I don't think any other set can come close to the +dmg a Kin/ can give. But you can also beef up your current character by giving Sonic Attack: Howl and/or Dreadful Wail the Annihilation/Fury of the Gladiator chance for -res procs.

Maybe try Cold/Fire blast Defender? and put the Annihilation proc in fireball as I've seen it go off a decent amount of time there. Fury of the Gladiator can also be placed in Inferno.

Or maybe a try Rad/Rad blast?? and load /Rad blast with Annihilation, Achilles Heel, Fury of the Gladiator chance for -res procs as someone else above said, it can take them all.

Just make sure if you decide to use procs don't put them in rain attacks as they won't go off as much in them and try not to put recharge enhancements or as little as possible in the same abilities as the proc to get the most out of it.

Sorry that I wrote this much!