Quick Emotes & RPG Chat

OddWave

Idle question for true lore masters. Navigating the Emote trees to find the right emote takes time and is clumsy. It's easier to just type, in Chat, semicolon and the Emote name like ;salute or ;crossarms. But not all names are represented in the Emote tree. For example:  what's the name for the Idle: Drink Tea emote. And it's apparently not 'Drink Tea' or 'drinktea' or 'sip tea' or 'teacup', etc.. Also it would be nice for there to be greater support for combining emotes and chat. By typing a Chat comment "Hello" followed by '$$emote Wave", then your Avatar both says Hello and Waves at the same time. 

I want to say the tea one is teabag, actually. Because, yes, it would have to be that.

Edit: Double checked. Yep. /em teabag for the cup of tea emote.

Also, you ... can combine text and emotes the way you mentioned? /em wave$$local hello works.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I generally use https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Emotes 

There are also some new Emtoes for Homecoming, such as ;liedown, ;walkietalkie, ;text, and ;slrcamera.  They show up in that list with red text, currently, since no one has uploaded pictures of Ghost Widow performing them yet.

There are also "advanced emotes," apparently, but their use is mysterious and (to the best of my knowledge) undocumented.

• Retired Lead Game Master

I usually pick out several emotes for each of my characters that suit their personality, then make macros for them.

But honestly, I think individualized pop menus would be good. I usually don't bother with that though.

7 hours ago, GM Kal said:

I usually pick out several emotes for each of my characters that suit their personality, then make macros for them.

Also do this. Most if not all of my RP characters have a bunch of trays up top full of emote macros.

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!