CoH Official Summer Event?

Marine X

I was thinking the other day of all the in game special events we have to break up the monotony. It then occurred to me how little love summer gets. We have the Winter Event in December/January, the Valentine Event in February, then in the fall we have both the Halloween Event and the Zombie Apocalypse, there are Rikti and Nemesis Invasions kind of here and there in between other events. Summer really needs something to define it other than being able to run the Summer Blockbuster.

Well, Today I was bored at work, ( doesn't happen often ), and did a little Homecoming Wiki surfing to fill some time and opened the Special Events Page. Among all the ones we all know, and all the Anniversary Events, Launch events, and Cuppathon was something I totally forgot about. The 2004 Rularuu Invasion. Is this still in there somewhere? I barely remember it, but it was a lot like the Rikti Invasion if I recall. Could this be used to give us a Bonafide Summer Random Event? I think it would work, if still available, What do you guys think? Do you remember any details about it?

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

There was a Summer event in the last year (2012) before Shutdown on live.. Homecoming made it permanent... it was named Summer Block Buster, although more Movies to do for it would be nice, if u do the Twinshot Mission with the meteors the Movie Theater there shows more Movies. Im sure we would have seen more if Shutdown didnt happen.

What kind of event u think should be added? We had the Rularuu Invasion sometime last year in Summer alongside with Helloween... i was nearly shocked.. cause i was new to game when the original Rularuu Invasion happenend back in 2004 :).

Greetings

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

I was not aware it had been run, I have seen the Rikti and Nemesis Invasions several times, but not the Rularru. Must have Missed it. The summer blockbuster is fine but I would think something more like the other seasonal events would be nice.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X