SUGGESTION: Give Electric Armor the new Dynamo power from Electricity Manipulation

Mr Pierce

If you look at all of the Resistance based armor sets for Tanks, Scrappers, and Brutes, they all have a secondary means of mitigating damage. Dark Armor has -tohit, fear, and a powerful heal on a short cool down, Radiation Armor has a ton of absorb, Invulnerability has lots of defense from Invincibility, and Fire Armor has extra damage and a heal on a quick cool down. Electric Armor has nothing to help it survive. The heal, which gives +regen and endurance reduction is on a long cool down which ultimately doesn't do much. If it's original mitigation tool was -end to enemies, then I highly suggest we reevaluate how useful that is.

So here is my suggestion. It's simple and doesn't take much effort on the Dev's end. Replace Lightning Field with Dynamo. It gives +regen and +recovery on a damage toggle, which is unique to tank armors AND it makes the armor set fit more in line with the theme across other ATs. Electric Control gets Conductive Aura and Electricity Manipulation gets Dynamo, both melee toggles that give +regen and +recovery. I don't think this suggestion breaks anything or would make Electric Armor overpowered. It would simply give them a little extra survivability and help to set them apart from other resistance based sets. What do you say?

No thank you.  Energize already does the same thing as the aspects of Dynamo you're talking about, and can be made permanent.  Energize is Electric Armor's secondary means of mitigating damage.  If you combined Dynamo and Energize, it would definitely make Electric Armor overpowered.

Edited by Apparition

9 minutes ago, Apparition said:

No thank you.  Energize already does the same thing as the aspects of Dynamo you're talking about, and can be made permanent.  Energize is Electric Armor's secondary means of mitigating damage.  If you combined Dynamo and Energize, it would definitely make Electric Armor overpowered.

Then change how Energize works. Remove the +Regen and endurance reduction from the power and lower it's cooldown. Really easy fix. Or you could make it something unique like converting a portion of your endurance into an absorb shield. There are a lot of ways to make the set better.

If you're against giving the set Dynamo, then find other ways to improve the set in small, unique ways. Give Power Sink a +absorb for each target hit. Things like that to make it more interesting and fun to play. It needs help and a better identity.

Energize gives 100% regen and Dynamo gives 113% regen. I don't think 200% regen is gonna break the game. A willpower Sentinel gets 800% regen passively on a single toggle. Your definition of overpowered is definitely different than mine 🙂

Edited for inclusion of numbers.

Edited by Mr Pierce

4 minutes ago, Mr Pierce said:

Then change how Energize works. Remove the +Regen and endurance reduction from the power and lower it's cooldown. Really easy fix. Or you could make it something unique like converting a portion of your endurance into an absorb shield. There are a lot of ways to make the set better. Your definition of overpowered is definitely different than mine 🙂

I say overpowered because Electric Armor is fine as is in most regards.  It's real issues are a complete lack of knockback resistance and a hole to toxic damage, but every armor set has a hole somewhere.  Other than that, it's one of the best armor sets in the game IMO.  Giving it extra +regen and endurance reduction on top of Energize (which as I said before, can be made perma), would tip it to the overpowered scale.

Edited by Apparition

No thanks. In addition to Energize, which provides +regen and an endurance discount, it also has Power Sink, which provides almost limitless endurance. I've got Energize slotted to provide a 50% heal every 52 seconds and Power Sink is up every 29 seconds. My /Electric brute is virtually unkillable.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller