Slotting Sustain Powers?

Galaxy Brain

So the recovery value is fully enhanceable, it's only the regen that is half enhanceable. So slotting End Mods is definitely worth it, the base recovery value is twice stamina so if oyu'd slot Stamina you should slot sustain instead.

The value of health enhancements is harder to determine. Basically each SO you put in it is equal to 37% regeneration. At level 50 and assuming your have your max HP accolades this is equal to about 2.25HP/Sec. Personally I would say that's enough to be worth at least one or two slots but it's a lower priority.

Defender Smash!

Sustains are absolutely slottable. Depending on which particular one you have your particular desires may change a little, though.

At its base, if you have a +Absorb or Regen and +Recovery model, you want at least one Heal/Absorb and two EndMod IOs in there. Basically, enough to just start touching the green (in mids/pines) level of early ED. By the time you have a Muscular Total Radial Revamp slotted on you'll have reached an active 110%+ Recovery bonus.

I strongly recommend fitting a second health related IO in there though - either an actual heal/absorb mod or if you'd rather, something like Numina's or Panacea's specials. In practice the regen really does help make a difference; even the smallest hit takes a good sized chunk out of a Blaster after all.

After that it depends: Eagle Eye has nothing else to really put in there, but Touch of the Beyond actually may want to complete set combos on its way there by doing something like Endmod, Endmod/Acc, Endmod/Recharge, Heal/Recharge, Heal/Endurance  ... or whatever. You get the idea.

Martial Combat's particularly big here; you may want to slot part of something like Touch of the Nictus or Pacing of the Turtle and I could easily see someone six-slotting Reaction Time or Field Operative, whereas most others four slots is probably perfect.

How would you six slot Field Op? I'm super interested in this but I cannot find anything on this despite my own questions here or on reddit/etc. I keep seeing "put things like Miracle or Numina's special in there," and things like that, but I have no idea what Numina's special is lol. I know it's a set IO, but i'm so far lost on the set/invention IOs that I'm struggling to learn them. I know there are things like procs and globals, but I've still yet to figure out how they work or would fit into these powers.

If you even just have some light reading that isn't the wiki, i'd love that, too, just so I can get a base understanding about HOW to find what works in a power. :)

How would you six slot Field Op? I'm super interested in this but I cannot find anything on this despite my own questions here or on reddit/etc. I keep seeing "put things like Miracle or Numina's special in there," and things like that, but I have no idea what Numina's special is lol. I know it's a set IO, but i'm so far lost on the set/invention IOs that I'm struggling to learn them. I know there are things like procs and globals, but I've still yet to figure out how they work or would fit into these powers.

I'm not sure I would six-slot Field Operative but if you held a gun to my head and told me I had to six-slot it I'd probably do something like this:

Attuned Luck of the Gambler Global Recharge IO

2 x Level 50 generic End Mod IO

Level 50 generic Healing IO

Attuned Numina's Convalescence: Healing IO

Attuned Numina's Convalescence: +Recovery/Regeneration IO

That maximizes the Recovery and Regeneration from the power itself, provides space for a LotG IO (since you can have up to 5 of them), provides a spot for the Numina Proc120 (I'll stick the Miracle one in Health) and picks up a 12% Regen set bonus as a little extra. The set IOs are attuned because there's basically no reason for them not to be, if I really want the couple extra percent regen from ED capping the power I can just +5 the generic healing IO, the same goes for the two end mod IOs although I think I'd have enough recovery without needing to do that.

Actually now that I look at it, maybe it is worth 6-slotting Field Operative.

In regards to your second questions the IO Sets page on t he wiki is a good resource for figuring out WTF people are talking about.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancement_Sets

Defender Smash!

Oh wow, that's a good set up to dig into! Thanks! How would this stack with Stamina? Would it be worth two slotting that still, or would that be overkill on recovery?

I've been looking at that set list and have been (SLOWLY) trying to use it to build into Targeting Drone and Smoke Grenade, but that's off topic. My main issue is I'm not sure how to determine what globals should go in what powers, and what procs should go into what powers, let alone how to determine when those should be placed in lieu of other, more 'traditional' enhanecments

If you're still toggle-heavy it's worth two-slotting Stamina still: Say for example you're running Targeting Drone, Tough+Weave, Maneuvers+Leadership, Hover, and your ancillary defense is a toggle.

When to slot globals is simpler than it may seem at first: The answer is "Where you can fit them". They're globals, so they're not tied to enhancing a single power - they just generally need it to either be an auto, toggle, or something you click at least once every two minutes.

The only real question is "Can I fit this one here, or would I benefit more eating up the slot elsewhere?"

Let's take Shield Wall's Teleport and All resist global. If I can fit it into something like weave at 14 that's good. Weave's a bit endurance-thirsty and it's my best defense toggle until I'm late 50s with a Hybrid slot though, so if I'm short on slots, I get more defense from Weave than I do from putting +Defense in any other of my powers. If I want to 5pc-bonus Shield Wall Weave's a great choice what with the cost reductions, but otherwise, maybe I could just put it all on its own in Field Operative or even Combat Jump. Auto powers can be the easiest for this. When I look at Body Armor, I see something just begging me to 4-slot it with two 2pc combos. Like say Unbreakable Guard's +MaxHP (and the resist mod) and Gladiator Armor's +Def (and the resist mod). Endurance Discount, Recharge speed mean nothing to it anyways.

For procs themselves it partly depends. They're all standardized to a per-minute model as of i24:

You have 100% chance if Recharge Time + Activation Time = "60*AreaFactor / PPM".  So, a single target power, with a slot that promises 2 PPM, will have 100% per time you click the button if its total recharge+activation are 30s or more.

Area is 1 + 0.15 x radius if it's a ball (targeted AoEs, point-blanks, nukes...) though so if it's radius 15 that same 2PPM would need a 97.5s total recharge+activation to guarantee the proc. Cones are based on their angle and radius so if you want the precise math use https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Procs_Per_Minute

It'll all even out, so it's not necessarily bad to have something on your tier 1 blast or anything, but when you're looking for absolute reliability, that's how you ensure what'll go where.