The Electric Dynamo: Super Sustain Sentinel

Galaxy Brain

So, something I noticed is that the Power Transfer IO can be used on Elec blast attacks. Neat! But then, I also saw that Entropic Chaos can be used on the ST attacks as well, and thus a gimmick was born...

Going off the mids numbers, and by playing around on the Beta server, these values are roughly accurate:

Lightning Bolt: 48% chance to heal 5% HP x 2 (73% chance to be healed regardless of both happening at once)

Zapping Bolt: 55% chance to heal 5% HP x2 (80% chance to be healed)

Tesla Cage: 71% chance to heal 5% HP x2 (93% chance to be healed)

The picture below says it all:

image.png.75d42052243ccfabdc4b4b74cfab6a0d.png

So, that was the core of the build, but it needed some back up. With a large chunk of the slotting going to self-heals, I needed a way to up my damage and /Bio's offensive mode fits the bill perfectly. Alongside even more healing from the Bio clicks for theme, and Mass Hypnosis with the Sandman proc as a cherry on top, it ends up being a hilarious mish mash of super-sustains when you pair it with Elec's ability to return end as well!

This is by no means a super-uber build, but something I just whipped up for the lols and ended up being a real blast.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Electric Dynamo: Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SntWar-Rchg/+Absord(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39)
Level 2: Lightning Bolt -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), EntChs-Heal%(7), GldJvl-Dam%(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Ball Lightning -- OppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), OppStr-Acc/Dmg(23), OppStr-Dmg/Rchg(23), OppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), OppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), OppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), EntChs-Heal%(13), GldJvl-Dam%(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg(15), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 8: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(43)
Level 10: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(39)
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), EntChs-Heal%(17), GldJvl-Dam%(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21)
Level 14: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37)
Level 16: Adaptation 
Level 18: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 20: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(40), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(43)
Level 22: Rebuild DNA -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal(36), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Short Circuit -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(27), PwrTrns-EndMod(29), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(29), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(31)
Level 28: Athletic Regulation -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(34), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-Psi/Status(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 38: Parasitic Leech -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(46)
Level 41: Mind Probe -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Mass Hypnosis -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 47: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(39), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(45)
Level 16: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 16: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 16: Offensive Adaptation 
------------

Edited by Galaxy Brain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought about this a while ago, but it feels like it's a lot of slots to give up for an already quite durable Sent.

If they make Electric Blast a little better on Blasters, it feels like it might be a fun move there, where you give up something you're quite well-supplied-with (damage) in order to enhance durability.  But hard to make the case when you're already giving up a ton of damage (as with Sents or, honestly, right now, Blaster Electric Blast).

EDIT:  Might also be interesting to do a normal EB Sent and just double-proc Lightning Bolt with the heals.  Use Zapping Bolt and Tesla Cage normally as your high-damage blasts, but sacrifice a bit of damage from your already-weakest ST damage power in order to add some additional healing to yourself.

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 2

Tempting to try this on my up-n-coming Elec/Invul. The heals would shore up the long cooldown in Dull Pain. Only ("only") downside is this would lose all the capped typed defenses plus some damage procs. I don't know how to number to determine if the tradeoff is worth it. (I'm familiar with the concept in general - my Shield/Elec tanker runs the heal procs in all her attacks and I know that works well, so here it's just a matter of what the build gives up for it.)

Edited by Cutter
stuff n things

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

4 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Tempting to try this on my up-n-coming Elec/Invul. The heals would shore up the long cooldown in Dull Pain. Only ("only") downside is this would lose all the capped typed defenses plus some damage procs. I don't know how to number to determine if the tradeoff is worth it.

With sufficient protection you obviously would need no healing at all. But we can't all playing Granite. 😛 I suggest the following from the standpoint of having played a DM/Inv Scrapper and DM/Electric Brute back on live.

Invulnerability can be pretty tanky, regardless of AT. It might pay to get your protection in place then back up off it by adding only one heal proc to see if that tradeoff both gets you extra survivability without losing damage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, aethereal said:

I thought about this a while ago, but it feels like it's a lot of slots to give up for an already quite durable Sent.

If they make Electric Blast a little better on Blasters, it feels like it might be a fun move there, where you give up something you're quite well-supplied-with (damage) in order to enhance durability.  But hard to make the case when you're already giving up a ton of damage (as with Sents or, honestly, right now, Blaster Electric Blast).

EDIT:  Might also be interesting to do a normal EB Sent and just double-proc Lightning Bolt with the heals.  Use Zapping Bolt and Tesla Cage normally as your high-damage blasts, but sacrifice a bit of damage from your already-weakest ST damage power in order to add some additional healing to yourself.

I had originally thought of this on a Blaster, but Elec Blast is just better on a Sent. Eyeballing the two powers tho, it seems DPA-wise at least the way I slotted them are at least decent to where they could be outside of proccing the heck out of Tesla Cage!

7 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

To clarify, that was not one heal proc total, but one heal proc per power that takes them.

That's what I figured you meant!

Looking at my 2 mids builds, running 3x double-heal-proc gives up 10% F/C/AoE defense (it retains capped S/L/E/N), 12% F/C resist, and a smidge of recovery. Damage losses are ~10 points in LB, ~30 in ZB, and a whopping ~100 in TC (which previously had 3 damage procs).

On the surface it looks like some tweaks could be made to find a happy medium.

Thanks @Galaxy Brainfor the thread, as I'm sure I wouldn't have considered this approach despite having done similar before.

Edited by Cutter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...