List of Enemies That Can Break Hibernate?

VV

I have noticed that sometimes, it seems like damage can leak through Hibernate. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone happen to have a list of enemies that can get through Hibernate? Or, is there a way to figure it out other than the obvious hard way? Is it certain enemy types? Certain levels, like AVs or EBs? Any info is appreciated!

I believe that Hibernate makes you untouchable like phase does. So no enemy can affect you at all.

However, if I remember correctly, you will still take damage from any DOT's that were on you when you activated Hibernate. If you're taking damage in Hibernate that's probably the source, toxic or fire DOT's.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Don't quote me because I might be misunderstanding the power. However last time I looked at the power definitions for Hibernate I thought it included a flag that cancels the effect if you are Held Stunned or Slept. Normally, if you were one of those things you couldn't activate the power anyway. But I did wonder if you happen to be hit by a "Sleep after a 1 second delay" type power if it would fire and cancel the benefits of Hibernate.

I assume delayed damage would work the same way like other posters mentioned, altho that shouldn't deactivate the power (unless it kills you).

15 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Don't quote me because I might be misunderstanding the power. However last time I looked at the power definitions for Hibernate I thought it included a flag that cancels the effect if you are Held Stunned or Slept. Normally, if you were one of those things you couldn't activate the power anyway. But I did wonder if you happen to be hit by a "Sleep after a 1 second delay" type power if it would fire and cancel the benefits of Hibernate.

I assume delayed damage would work the same way like other posters mentioned, altho that shouldn't deactivate the power (unless it kills you).

I'm not seeing that in the power info https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=epic.ice_mastery.hibernate&at=controller

That said, the activation time of the power always feels longer than the data indicates. I can't count the number of times I have died while activating Hibernate. Perhaps it's due to attacks that had been launched prior to activating Hibernate but had not yet hit (i.e., ranged attacks with "travel time"). I'm not aware of any attacks getting through beyond the first second or two (other than DoT).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, Uun said:

I'm not seeing that in the power info https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=epic.ice_mastery.hibernate&at=controller

That said, the activation time of the power always feels longer than the data indicates. I can't count the number of times I have died while activating Hibernate. Perhaps it's due to attacks that had been launched prior to activating Hibernate but had not yet hit (i.e., ranged attacks with "travel time"). I'm not aware of any attacks getting through beyond the first second or two (other than DoT).

You're correct, any power with travel time that is fired before you activate Hibernate will still hurt you, because the effects of the power are locked in the moment the power fires. This is also seemingly the case for Containment by the way. If you queue up two powers back to back that interrupt a control effect, both will do Containment damage even if the first power disrupts the control. This is mainly visible with Sleep powers like Mass Hypnosis. A chain of Mass Hypnosis > Energy Torrent > Terrify will usually do Containment damage from both Energy Torrent and Terrify despite one of the attacks waking up the enemies.

Edited by oedipus_tex

On 2/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, oedipus_tex said:

You're correct, any power with travel time that is fired before you activate Hibernate will still hurt you,

Okay, this is quite probably the situation I am seeing. Just means I gotta be a little quicker on the button, but not that any enemies "cheat"

Yeah, it's nice how Hibernate doesn't cancel pets or pseudo pets. Toss out Freezing Rain, Tornado, Ice Storm, Lightning Storm and then Hibernate to heal up from the alpha while the DoTs do their thing.

• 3 weeks later

Been years but I used to zone PVP frequently and Recluse Victory was the top tier for that.  I’d pop Hibernate and routinely get owned by AV’s and other PVP players alike.

Things may have changed since Live but I don’t think Hibernate makes you untouchable.