Staff Fighting - Innocuous Strikes bug

Fluxxy

In the description for Innocuous Strikes it clearly says that: "...all affected targets will have their speed reduced, with a chance to immobilize briefly." The problem is, it doesn't actually do this unless you are using the /fire secondary with Fiery Embrace on. This seems wrong - is the description wrong or is this something that clearly needs to be fixed? See screenshots for further info. 

I've not been able to immobilize anything with it since using it.. or slow anything for that matter. In fact, I'll be using right on a mob that is running away and it doesn't even do anything to their movement speed, or stopping them. I haven't tested it with /fire, but the way the description is displayed it looks like it only works in the case of: "Only using Fiery Embrace".

Cheers -

Innocuous strikes 1.PNG

Innocuous strikes 2.PNG

I suspect that this is the same thing that allows a mob you have stunned to stagger at a dead run, leap to the roof of a building, and disappear -- if you apply a status effect to a mob after it has movement queued in the server, that movement will complete before the status effect is applied to the mob. So you're seeing the mob continue to run away, finishing its queued movement before any -speed or immobilize gets applied... at which point it's too late to notice any effect.

Whenever I use impale from spines it stops a mob right in its tracks.. but the description above doesn't fend well regardless.

I did some more testing hitting a mob and then running away, and often times it did actually work on them standing still. This description is hosed, still. and wow, if the queue makes it this way - it's almost like it actually does nothing because it's worn off already by the time they finish their queued movement >.<

The 5 ticks of fire damage should be the only one that requires fiery embrace.  If the rest of the effects actually require fiery embrace,  then the ability is bugged.

And there is absolutely no way that a mob has 15 seconds of 'queued' movement so as not to notice that immobilize.  I always notice immediate immobilize with my controller.  They dont get to continue any movement.

I figured i'd pop in and check this one since I have a 50 Staff/Electric Scrapper who doesn't have access to Fiery Embrace.  Best I can tell is that the description is a typo as I was able to apply slow and immobilize on my targets with the power.  Checked against level 51 Rikti mobs, Power Analyzer confirmed it and was able to stack it twice.

716180863_InnocuousStrikesBug.jpg.d89435e1696a47213345d6f960673935.jpg

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.