Claws/WP - Scrapper or Brute

earthaddy

I had a claws regen scrapper that I loved back in the day. Before and after the regen change. Looking to go willpower for some of the old school regen feel. Scrapper or Brute? The first question you're going to ask is "do you want to tank?" I don't care. I want to do damage like a madman and be able to dive into a pile of bodies. If that makes me the tank, that works. The fast attacks are good for fury. Follow up is better on scrapper? I don't know.

Make your case.

Thanks.

Although many players expect and even demand (and that's something that should be addressed somehow) Brutes to tank, a Brute is a perfectly fine damage dealer. I'd say it depends at the pace you play, Brutes usually play at a much faster pace plowing from group to group to keep their Fury bar up, while Scrappers can (if so they wish) take a different pace without having to build up their dmg again.

Honestly, for that, you may want to go Brute just because of the higher HP. 

If not then Scrapper it is: Scrapper AT IO Sets (Moar Crits) + IO dmg bonuses + assault + Musculature + follow up = you will hit harder with the Scrapper. 

I had a Claws/regen scrapper previously and it was an instant reroll with the game being back. I went Claws/wp brute this time. I think it is one of the game's smoothest rides it offers. I even skipped Swipe as Claws's attacks recharge fast enough. Character name is my alias here. Downtime is for mortals.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I'm torn. Right now I have both at level 20, but that doesn't really tell me too much. I think I would miss the sweet criticals of the scrapper, but I do like some of what the brute brings to the table. I usually play at a fast pace anyway, but always chasing rage might get old. I skipped swipe as well, and did on my old claws/regen as well, it's totally not needed. Convince me the damage will be really close ...will it?

I also have a pistols/wp sentinel, which is good fun as well.

Oh, also ... should I take the taunt power on the brute? I figure skip it on the scrapper, but then maybe not. To round them up tight for the aoe stuff. I seem to recall a taunt aura in the wp set. I'm clueless.