Best SO build for doing both Positron TFs? ATT, powersets

DougGraves

I believe you get up to level 18 powers in the two Positron TFs.  So basically level 19 characters.  SO's only.

You fight Vahz, Clockwork, and CoT.  So you deal with toxic, END drain, and to hit debuffs.  You have to fight off the ambush on the city hall steps, your shadows, an EB or two, and an AV.

My go to is a dominator.  With domination up you can control your shadow dopplegangers and make that fight easy.  I also want one with a persistent area control - earthquake, static field, ice slick, etc.  You can drop that in front of the city hall doors and it makes the ambush easy to fight off.

I tried earth domination but earthquake and ice slick are terrible with clockwork.  They are vulnerable to knockback so instead of getting knocked down they get knocked away from it.  You can fix that, but not with SOs. 

So I have settled on electric control for a primary.  Static field for general control and paralyzing blast (you get at 18) for the shadow dopplegangers.

For secondary I am thinking psionic.  Good against all of the foes, especially the clockwork.  But I am not settled on this.

Is there a better ATT or powersets to use for the Positron TF?

Illusion Controller, you can essentially just spam deceive and let them kill each other with you drink a beer and solo Posi 1, Posi 2, and even the old school Posi, and Synapse, well just using TO's or DO's. My gawd using SO's your deceiving skills would be unstoppable. That said you lose xp, but if just doing it to do it have at it. I know from using an Ill/FF troller to solo all the Freedom Phalanx TF's back in the day just to be able to say I did it.