Really bad lag

metacore

Marine X, I did as you suggested and created a character on the Everlasting server.  I still get the same lag.  The frustrating part is that my Windows 7 PC behind me does not have this problem on any server, so I doubt it is a connection issue between me and the server.  Is it possible it is a Windows 10 issue or a settings issue in the game?  I never had this issue when using Tequila, it only started when I switched to HC Launcher.

Anything is possible, was trying to help a guy last week and it turned out having Google Chrome open while he was playing was causing Map Server Disconnects. I guess not shocking considering how spooky it is that ads on every web site tune themselves to where you have been recently, and that requires a lot of Bot jibber jabber to pull off. Try looking at your Task Manager and see if something is running at high priority, that requires internet, that isn't essential, and dial it back to low. Also set CoH and the Launcher to High. If you look at them in Task Manager they may still say normal after the change, but they will do that whenever Task Manager is open. Never hurts to take a look.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

As a general rule I do not use any Google products except for Android.  I do not typically have any programs running in the background when playing City of Heroes.  However, I did pull up the Task Manager to check its priority.  I did not see a priority listed anywhere (I probably did not know where to look), but I did set UAC Virtualization to enabled to see if that helped and the lag reduced significantly.  At least for now it is playable.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

As noted: Try to game on wired LAN when possible.  Lowest local latency, no interference, etc.

Also, if your ISP is having DNS issues, you can add additional DNS servers.

• Control Panel
  • Network & Sharing Center
  • Change Adapter Settings
  • Highlight your network connection (Ethernet or Wifi), then right-click and select PROPERTIES
  • Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
  • Select PROPERTIES
  • Click on Advanced
  • Go to the DNS tab
  • Add additional DNS servers.  Primary and secondary.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062
  • OK your way back out.
  • Reboot your machine.  There's ways to make it refresh without a reboot.  But the reboot's the simplest, most idiot-proof way.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!