Random Alt Picker

SuperPlyx

So the majority of us have lots of alts. From reading these forums and talking to people in the game some of you have an crazy amount. I myself have around 30 and recently when I logged into the game  I didn't really know what I wanted to play that day. I knew I wanted to play just wasn't sure what alt I felt like being on.

So I had a silly idea, what about a button that would just choose a random alt. You would not know what alt had been chosen until you zoned into the game.

But what if we pushed the silly to the next level, a random team builder?
Say a team got together in game and they all agree and click and "random team builder" button. Now they are taken to the character selection screen for just a second and then back in game. But now everyone is on a different alt picked at random. Ok that's really silly.

Now let's make it super silly (it is a superhero game) let's apply the random alt picker to taskforces.
A team agrees to do a taskforce with the "random alt picker", it would have to be something everyone has to actually click and agree to. Now after every mission of the taskforce you get a different random alt.
So you begin the taskforce on a defender, do second mission on a tank, third is your MM, etc., etc.
You get the idea.

Now of course we all have alts that are works in progress or need a respec and would not want to play those in this random picker. So this would have to be an option that is agreed to before hand. I think you would need to flag or mark each alt in the character selector screen. Maybe a button, that after clicking will let you put a little check mark next to each alts name that you would put into the random picker pool.

We all have lots of alts and we should be thinking of ways to utilize and exploit that. 

Edited by SuperPlyx
spelling

Try this:

A random idea - Everlasting - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

The AT picker at the start will tell you which one to play. The specific sets are after that, if you have... say... one of each on your crew.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I'm not sure the majority have 30+ Alts, but it would be nice to hear if that were the case.

A random selection button could be fun, but does imply a certain bag of complications.  Selecting a random character at the start of your play session can be achieved with a personal-use randomizer application or just some dice and a homemade chart.

Although . . . I -do- like the idea of a Task Force or Task Force option where you play as a different Archetypes in each mission.  We have the tech for Personal Story Arc content . . . maybe that could be co-opted so players are assigned a pre-made role randomly from a selection of pre-made builds?