Energy Transfer alternate animation

Shred Monkey

I finally got around to trying out the new energy melee.  I build a stalker with the idea that I could do a full attack chain of double-fisted smashes... and to my *SEVERE* disappointment, the quick version of energy transfer is 1-handed... it's not even a fist.   

In the process of fixing energy melee, ...you took away the best thing about energy melee.  PLEASE make an alternate 2-fisted punch animation for energy melee... It can be a duplicate of assassin's strike... just anything 2 handed.  I will be forever greatful.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I'm sorry you don't like it, but that 1-hand animation is very nostalgic for some players, myself included.

The fast 1-handed Energy Transfer animation is the original animation for Energy Transfer. When it got changed to the 2-handed animation, many were sorely disappointed. That the Devs put the fast animation back into Energy Melee as part of their changes is greatly appreciated.

Your EM/EA should absolutely destroy though, I made an EM/EA scrapper after the changes and love it.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, BZRKR said:

I'm sorry you don't like it, but that 1-hand animation is very nostalgic for some players, myself included.

The fast 1-handed Energy Transfer animation is the original animation for Energy Transfer. When it got changed to the 2-handed animation, many were sorely disappointed. That the Devs put the fast animation back into Energy Melee as part of their changes is greatly appreciated.

Your EM/EA should absolutely destroy though, I made an EM/EA scrapper after the changes and love it.

As with anything, more options are better.  So why not both with the current animation as the default and the two-handed attack animation as an alternate option in power customization?  Then everyone can be happy.

• Like 1