Energy/ ??? blaster, info

Elia87

Hello heroes and villains! So i got interested into energy blasters! I already have a fire/fire and beam/ta blaster at 50, and i wanted to make an energy blaster.

The question is, which secondary should i pick for a ranged blaster? I saw someone pointing at /ice or /temporal..but with i27 changes i have no idea..I am not into blapping much..I scrolled through the various posts but couldn't find a clear answer..

Thank you for your time.

I personally went Energy/Energy.

It does very well as a ranged only blaster. You can also have a secondary build that does melee very well too.

Though, I think if I were to build him again I’d go devices. I prefer toggles to clicks and devices adds a lot of variety.

I started levelling an energy/martial for the combination of knockbacks with the slow aura. Figured it would mean the enemy would waste a huge amount of time simply trying to run up to me. Didn't get far due to crippling altitis though so couldn't tell you how it works in practice.

I like my secondary choice to leverage the primary set’s secondary effects.  So you are looking at knockback.

I tend to focus on mitigation for blasters secondary effects (unless I can get more damage).

Energy offers great help for this, either as a ranged blaster, or as a kick bootay blapper.

I recently discovered Martial and I am running another blaster with it.  Martial is light on power choices and slotting for me, so I have more options in building my defenses.

Both are great with Energy.