Ninja's help

ninpon78

Before I get to far into leveling I have been trying various combos with the fragile Ninja's lol. I did Nin/Time but it kind of doesn't fit my hands on style.

What I am curious about is there any way to make Nin/dark viable. I wanna be able to solo and help a group out some. Any help would be awesome.

Thank you.

Before I get to far into leveling I have been trying various combos with the fragile Ninja's lol. I did Nin/Time but it kind of doesn't fit my hands on style.

What I am curious about is there any way to make Nin/dark viable. I wanna be able to solo and help a group out some. Any help would be awesome.

Thank you.

I have a Ninja/Kin I have been playing to 26 so far.  Now have you tried to be the tank of the group?  I wouldn't call this the most strong combo but I plan to take the presence taunts, keep the ninja's in bodyguard mode, and punch things with the fighting pool attacks.  If you take all of them and rush the bosses I find you can keep it mostly busy while your crew just mob around you, I find it fun at least.  Spam out your heals and the dark control powers and those who die were too weak for your crew anyway.

As for dark I would assume getting both archtype enhancements along with darkest night would do a lot to keep them from getting hit all of the time. 

Time is probably one of the best secondaries for Ninja. Dark would be close, in the top 3. The T1 Ninjas have an inherent 7% def to m/r/a, add the Edict and Call to Arms uniques will put them up to 17% def.

Aggressively slotted Fearsome Stare will provide about 18% -tohit, and moderately Darkest Night will provide around 17% -tohit. So Ninjas will be equivalent to about 52% defense to m/r/a.

Probably won't see the big leap in survivability until Fearsome Stare is picked/slotted at level 20/21.

As far as epic power, why does everyone go with Scorpion Shield, doesn't the Cold powers offer DEF as well? Being a noob I am trying to figure out why becoming a villain for 1 power is better then just getting the cold shield one? Can someone explain it in Barney terms(Easy enough for a child to understand :) )

Thank you

As far as epic power, why does everyone go with Scorpion Shield, doesn't the Cold powers offer DEF as well? Being a noob I am trying to figure out why becoming a villain for 1 power is better then just getting the cold shield one? Can someone explain it in Barney terms(Easy enough for a child to understand :) )

Mace Mastery has three advantages over Chill Mastery:

1. The Tier 1 powers in Chill Mastery (Ice Blast and Flash Freeze) aren't very good while Mace Mastery lets you take the S/L shield with no prerequisites.

2. Mace Mastery also has Web Envelope and Power Boost and one or both of those are useful for a decent number of masterminds. The other Chill Mastery powers (Hoarfrost and Hibernate) aren't awful but they also aren't super great for MMs either.

3. Frozen Armor has really ugly graphics while Scorpion Shield doesn't have much graphical impact.

Defender Smash!

Thank you

it's the only defense shield we get, and it helps you softcap yourself which is important if you want to do the harder trials.

ff and traps can get away with a resist shield as can bots or thugs/time if you have the unique io's to softcap your pets without powerboost. the resist shield is actually preferred if you plan on tankerminding (taking and using provoke to keep everything on you, the resist shield is quite powerful when combined with bodyguards effective 75% damage resistance)