Finally(!) finalized a necro / storm / mu build - Very happy with how it performs

EnjoyTheJourney

Edit: What's below is left as it was before. The key change is that having play-tested the build given in the first response that the build plays well in a wide variety of different team-based gameplay scenarios (serving as alpha taker, contributing DPS, mob control, leading underpowered teammates, keeping up in speed runs, glowie hunts relying on invis, ...). The build is undoubtedly still not perfect. But it functions well enough. 

This build differs from many MM builds in that the control and chaos of storm and the lich, together with minions' personal heals are intended to allow them to survive; if they don't survive then, well, Darwinian selection has occurred and another gets summoned in their place. 

In more functional terms, this build is intended to be taking alpha in most situations, in part to get minions attacking without bothering to direct them. Resists with either melee core or RoP up are very solid. Defenses are high enough that they can be boosted to or beyond the softcap with help from teammates. Barrier is available as a panic button. A heal is also available as a regular part of the attack chain. 

My initial sense is that ST DPS can be particularly good and that AOE will be mediocre compared to taking a blast set in conjunction with storm. But, hopefully the autonomous and concurrent nature of minions' damage contributions, compared to a blast set, leads to "higher highs" for DPS contributed to teams than a comparable storm / <insert blast set here> build.

It's not clear this build will live up to its intentions. Also, there are some fundamental choices that are difficult to figure out. For example, compared to cardiac core is agility core alpha sufficient for end management and better for DPS because of more tornados / lighting storms / freezing rain patches? Or, is cardiac core better than agility core because of easier end management and better proc damage? Also, if cardiac is ultimately taken and end management turns out to be reliably easy then I might replace the Theft of essence +end proc in life drain with a panacea "heal / absorb" IO to make the heal stronger, or a damage proc if survivability isn't much of an issue. 

As a technical issue, I'm not certain about the duration for which extracted souls fight before disappearing. Ninety seconds sounds right, but it's not clear from Mids if this is the case. 

The most recent draft of a build is given below. If what's below is helpful for others, then that's always welcome. Feedback would also be welcome.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Deathstorm Shaman: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(5), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(31), EdcoftheM-PetDef(48)
Level 1: Gale -- Acc-I(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 2: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Apc-Dam%(9)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(15)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Life Drain -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GldJvl-Dam%(25), ThfofEss-+End%(34)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), StdPrt-ResKB(21), GldArm-ResDam(43), GldArm-End/Res(46)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(15), SvrRgh-PetResDam(17), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SlbAll-Build%(33), AchHee-ResDeb%(46)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 20: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(23), GldArm-RechRes(25), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 22: Soul Extraction -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(29), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(27), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(29), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 26: Lich -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(31), CldSns-%Dam(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Tornado -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RechRdx-I(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Thn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42)
Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(46), JvlVll-Dam%(50)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Victory Rush -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5), PwrTrns-+Heal(37)
Level 1: Zombie 
Level 12: Grave Knight 
Level 26: Lich 
Level 0: Resistance 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
------------

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

Incarnates are currently being filled out and the build is coming along quite well so far. Playing "whack-a-mole" with dropping ally and minion life bars has never been much fun, and so this is probably the kind of MM that suits me best. 

Cardiac seems to have essentially erased endurance issues; when all the IOs are in place and T4 incarnates have been rounded out, it seems that end management is likely to be still be in a good place. The changes to MM endurance costs currently on beta make cardiac even more likely to work well. Easier end management has allowed more flexibility for tweaking the build, as described below ...

The build has been tweaked to allow room for the epic single target hold, dropping victory rush to take it. Single target damage has noticeably more heft to it now, especially after some tweaks to make gloom and life drain hit harder. Plus, the absorb proc in the ST hold will probably noticeably boost survivability. The theft of essence +endurance proc IO is being replaced with a damage proc, as well. The damage proc IO in electric fences has been replaced with the stun proc IO, to help a bit more with minion survivability when taking alpha ahead of the rest of the team. Lost DPS is unfortunate. But, keeping minions alive better probably means more damage, in the end, because of more minion damage and less MM DPS lost to re-summoning in the middle of battles. 

When all pets are out (including lore pets, lightning storm and tornado, with 2 out of each, plus soul extraction), there will be up to 13 pets moving around, all doing damage. The single target damage ceiling should be very high, especially with up to 2 freezing rain patches debuffing mob resistances. 

For all the changes made, the build still undoubtedly has room to improve. Feedback is welcome.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Deathstorm Shaman: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(5), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(31)
Level 1: Gale -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Apc-Dam%(9)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(15)
Level 8: Life Drain -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Dmg-I(21), TchoftheN-%Dam(25), GldJvl-Dam%(34)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GldArm-End/Res(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), StdPrt-ResKB(21), Rct-ResDam%(43), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(15), SlbAll-Build%(17), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), ShlBrk-%Dam(33), AchHee-ResDeb%(46)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 20: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(23), GldArm-RechRes(25), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 22: Soul Extraction -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(29), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(33), EdcoftheM-PetDef(27), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(29), SvrRgh-PetResDam(34)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 26: Lich -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Dmg-I(31), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(31), CldSns-%Dam(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 35: Tornado -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RechRdx-I(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Thn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42)
Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(46), EnrMnp-Stun%(50)
Level 47: Electric Shackles -- Acc-I(A), GldJvl-Dam%(48), NrnSht-Dam%(48), UnbCns-Dam%(48), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(50), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5), PwrTrns-+Heal(37)
Level 1: Zombie 
Level 12: Grave Knight 
Level 26: Lich 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
------------

• Thanks 1

After having gotten T4 incarnates for the build posted just above it's clear that I've found my favorite type of MM to play. The build survives very well, helps teams go faster because of the debuffs, and even at +4x8 typically does just fine when separated from the rest of the team and flying solo. Single target damage is noticeably good. No playing whack-a-mole with ally or minion life orbs also helps quite a bit for enjoying the build. 

In most situations the minions do just fine without any direct help from my MM. And, in those situations in which keeping minions alive is difficult, well, that's OK; a quick summon here and there allows bodyguard to function. Plus, storm powers still contribute to mob control and allow for noticeable DPS to be contributed to a team even when it's challenging to keep minions consistently alive. 

• EnjoyTheJourney changed the title to Finally(!) finalized a necro / storm / mu build - Very happy with how it performs

Nice!  Nerco/Storm is such a fun combination.  I can't offers any suggestions to improve, mine is a lot more casual (and much cheaper) but basically I rely , solo, a lot of Gale or Hurricane. There is something cruelly satisfying about knocking opponents down and then letting the zombies move in to feed!

16 hours ago, pblue said:

Nice!  Nerco/Storm is such a fun combination.  I can't offers any suggestions to improve, mine is a lot more casual (and much cheaper) but basically I rely , solo, a lot of Gale or Hurricane. There is something cruelly satisfying about knocking opponents down and then letting the zombies move in to feed!

I can see the appeal of a gale / hurricane build. In solo play, in particular, it seems likely to work very well both for RP purposes and in how it would function just fine. 

Its a great combo although i still prefer /dark (probably because i don't have to worry about a non-existent blue bar so much) and i still go for a slotted gale for the low level tf's when i have no decent powers. I also took hurricane although i'm not sure why i don't think i ever turned it on. Not really happy with my current build even though it seems to do whats required. Went for 45% ranged def and never got there and have some really awful slotting  in some powers just to chase a defence i couldn't reach. Theres a lot of stuff just thrown in for recovery and hp bonuses that aren't needed. The more i play my mm's on HC the more i'm coming round to the idea of proc slotting as much as possible and ignoring softcap's to take more interesting/fun epic/patron powers. Taking a good single target attack from the mm primary and an immob and hold from a patron make a huge difference to the playstyle and help out your damage a lot which it didn't on live because you can go all out procs in them and they fire off loads. I see a lot of good changes coming up for mm's and while i originally felt mm primary attacks were a complete waste i now look at them in a different way. Anyway here's the current build cardiac/reactive/barrier/support. As it stands i can pretty much spam gale on mobs and drop the pseudo pets on them so defence becomes irrelevant i'm looking at a different options in mids for a respec right now:

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

NECRO STORM: Level 49 Magic Mastermind
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Field Mastery

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Zombie Horde            SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-PetResDam(7), SlbAll-Build%(7), SlbAll-Dmg(9), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(11)
Level 1:    Gale                FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(11), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 2:    O2 Boost            DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(21)
Level 4:    Super Speed            BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(47)
Level 6:    Enchant Undead            EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8:    Life Drain            Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(23), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 10:    Steamy Mist            RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(42), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def(43), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 12:    Grave Knight            SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(37), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(40), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42)
Level 14:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 16:    Freezing Rain            Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), AchHee-ResDeb%(17), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(19), TchofLadG-%Dam(19)
Level 18:    Soul Extraction            ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(47), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(49)
Level 20:    Hurricane            EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22:    Combat Jumping            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24:    Kick                Empty(A)
Level 26:    Lich                SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(27), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(34), EdcoftheM-PetDef(34)
Level 28:    Tough                HO:Ribo(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), GldArm-3defTpProc(29)
Level 30:    Weave                RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def(33), RedFrt-EndRdx(33)
Level 32:    Dark Empowerment        EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35:    Tornado                SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(37)
Level 38:    Lightning Storm            SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40)
Level 41:    Temp Invulnerability        HO:Ribo(A)
Level 44:    Maneuvers            RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-EndRdx(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47:    Tactics                EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49:    Snow Storm            EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Sprint                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Supremacy    
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Swift                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Health                Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2:    Hurdle                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5), EndMod-I(5)
Level 1:    Zombie    
Level 12:    Grave Knight    
Level 26:    Lich    
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1388;683;1366;HEX;|
|78DA6593CB4F135114C6EF4CA7227D50A03CA594B68085021535710906441343815|
|0445D91A61D4A93BE6C4B84A50BFF0137AE7CAE1010E3CAB589C618E35FA0D144E3|
|C244055FEB7A9CEFD39230E9F43773CEB9E77EDFB96D6CED8C6BE7DCB571A5354E6|
|613E5F2522C51AE98A55C269FB2C712E94CD2A69472CE4C4DCECF06E20BB3F3B13A|
|79F7D58A96E2ABB95C211F9D3193A5422E914FAEF7EC4B4EAC2E2F47E3954229C7B|
|A4C3EAD1C738542361A2F9A66CA653D4E9B89A224DCD6CBD94C7AA5226F9E7FA994|
|592AAF648ACD53C54C52B26636458DEB1D222524F7865DBE34B955D5AEF604C70D7|
|5E83739A95B3C3C465E302C3A2E834543F1AA1AEA3A6A1C1F91733D460FD713B0E1|
|93CDE21583DBA9AAAECD68C82D802D5F50D32B73B2A146B3BD41DFE85B7053F4DA9|
|153F6207A6F49A00E317BDD2DC4DA6E9377C08EBBE43D30781F2C8B9E7AFAAF7740|
|C7A0138CB84837D9008E78C06DD9D7C9B5CE05F8EEBB483E8797F03370F0A9E8F70|
|A5FC3474804BBB156730F414B0B5991161EE40CCF49D4379E22D9A7F915DE9BD9EF|
|A16869E20C9A7639B33DF0D877F207F9131CFD05AECA7E5ECED4CB99B689BE56685|
|0ADADF0AB4BAC9D75ED55B9D48EECDAC95D3B17E1FCC825F29D74EF3654E03D18FC|
|407E96F2B0A16CD2AD0B3BE85D6302C3A67CED9A55E33B81A91952D3CD0977F374F|
|C3C1D3F4FC7CFD309F074023C9D47A2AD876A7BE8EAAA480B71B2A171B8EF9D20F9|
|CBED7D81BDFB5E826B12EEA7C7FE0DD41C7D406E925B60789B64AFB946A50638C50|
|17A6C124F43F434444FC3F4344C0FC3F430428F23F4E895B551F68BD25349B61AA5|
|CF51C67CB57FA67CFE9ED4F48148AC16A9CED5FE954AB3B25F1D12D1F647766B115|
|D3BAF5967A80731237D11FABE1D58B5B77FD54D4CDAB84106A0762C5253322ECF4E|
|3E9F8EFCFF7555FF00C1AAD7F5|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing @EnjoyTheJourney and @Meknomancer. I've done demon/storm which is a fantastic toon and was my first 50 on HC, tweaked her build several times over and finally found one I like. The thought of necro/storm does sound fun so I'm rolling one to see if I can slot it similar to my demon MM to hit my target goals on defense but she was a pricey minx so may have to adjust the build a bit for not having the winter sets available to this one.

Thanks again on the idea for a new alt.........freaking love altitis, I hope they never find a cure for it

This is what I'm playing with.  I'm not 50 yet, but I have several other /Storm MM's, Controllers and Corruptors.  As a rule, I always skip Hurricane and Thunder Clap.  I generally skip Snow Storm as well.  This build has none of those three.

This build is S/L Softcapped to DEF, and with 150% base recharge and very hefty +TOHIT bonuses for taking on +4 reliably.   For my play style, I greatly prefer S/L Def to Ranged because my opener is almost always Freezing Rain + Lightning Storm and I like to be up close to the spawn.   Steamy Mist keeps my ghoulish gang hidden well until I move first.  And with all the FF+Recharge procs in there, I'm already routinely running well over 250% recharge during missions, often higher.  I could do better with some HamiO's in a few places of some procs I'm thinking, but I can't really apply those until after 50 anyways.  I did manage to work in almost all the Pet DEF/RES uniques I think.  And for some reason, MIDS won't let me slot the Scaling Resist proc unique into Steamy Mist but in game it goes in there just fine.  So I'm pretty sturdy myself, as are the henchmen.

Also you don’t need a KB to KD on Lightning Storm.  While it does KnockBack, it’s very low Mag and to anything +2 or higher I’ve never seen it do anything but KD anyways.  And once you have Web Envelope as your AOE immobilize stuff isn’t going anywhere.

Endurance, like for all Storm players, is a significant issue.  But on Homecoming, between the various P2W amplifiers and temps, plus Empowerment buffs from Base, it's manageable until you get Destiny Ageless.  And by that time, all your END issues are behind you.

You could swap out Burnout for some other one-slot wonder, like Hover/CJ or even O2 boost or Snow Storm if you want.  But even with having such high recharge for double Tornado/LS, I like to pop Burnout for triple LS when taking on an AV.  Neat party trick but highly situational.

If I had to do this all over again (and with a respec I do!), I'd likely take Life Drain a little sooner.  Not so much for the +Heal for self but more to work in the procs for other bonuses.  I’d likely swap in Theft of Essence +End proc for one of the damage procs also.  Damage is very anemic on the power so better utility value for me.

Feel free to season to taste.  I'm sure there's better ways to slot the Lich, as an example....I was chasing some bonuses.  And of course use the Numpad binds for managing the henchmen.  They really are a game changer for MM’s.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.0.0
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

MJ's Thriller: Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5)
Level 1: Gale -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(7)
Level 2: Gloom -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(7), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(9), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SphIns-%ToHit(11)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(13)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), Rct-Def(19)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(19), AchHee-ResDeb%(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), SlbAll-Build%(23), ShlBrk-%Dam(23)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Ann-ResDeb%(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(27)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(27), SvrRgh-PetResDam(29), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(29), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(31), EdcoftheM-PetDef(31)
Level 20: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), GldArm-End/Res(33)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33), LucoftheG-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(34), GifoftheA-Def(34)
Level 26: Lich -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(36), CldSns-%Dam(36), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(36), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(37), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(37)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 30: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Tornado -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dam%(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(43), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(43), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(43), GrvAnc-Hold%(45)
Level 44: Mace Beam Volley -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), ExpStr-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(46)
Level 47: Life Drain -- Prv-Absorb%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(47), TchoftheN-%Dam(47), GldJvl-Dam%(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg(48), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------

Edited by Crysis

Meknomancer:

FWIW, a few ideas to consider ...

Consider putting the Overwhelming force "KB to KD / % KD" IO into the zombies. With three of them having a knockdown chance on every attack, including their toxic AOEs, mobs fall down quite a bit. It's noticeably helpful for bosses. 

Slotting for soul extraction can reasonably be done in a variety of ways. One plan is to ensure enough acc to reliably hit, to get a bit of bonus damage if possible, and to put several pet defense / resistance boosting unique IOs into soul extraction. That offers more slotting flexibility for your other pets. 

A mixed defense / resistance build seems to work well for a necro stormie MM, rather than going "all in" on defense; consider giving it a try to see if survivability is better than expected that way and if you end up with more interesting and better slotting options, as well.