Nerfing rune of protections duration

Darkir

30 minutes ago, PhoenixV117 said:

Yeah I think it’s a load of shit.

whats their reason for nerfing it ? 

From the head of the thread:

sorcerypool_runeofprotection.png.d31667d01d7dbf6687a2cf3a42e73644.png Sorcery > Rune of Protection

• Duration reduced from 90s to 60s to match the other Origin pool tier 5 powers
  • This power now grants damage resistance even if you use it whilst mezzed (previously only the mez resistance component would be granted)

2 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

From the head of the thread:

Okay, with this logic... I could argue, how about they change the other powers to last 1.30 instead of nerfing this to 60 then ? 

That way no ones builds are damaged that use rune, and others benefit from the change. 

Or reduce the cooldown...

Edited by PhoenixV117

15 minutes ago, PhoenixV117 said:

Okay, with this logic... I could argue, how about they change the other powers to last 1.30 instead of nerfing this to 60 then ? 

That way no ones builds are damaged that use rune, and others benefit from the change. 

Or reduce the cooldown...

At least they did not make Unrelenting the comparison...it has a 30s duration and a 600s recharge.

4 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

At least they did not make Unrelenting the comparison...it has a 30s duration and a 600s recharge.

I’ve not looked at what relenting does. But if they’re going to make all the durations and cooldown the same they need to make he effects similar. And at that point why even have different options 🤷🏽‍♂️

Just a pointless change to make it look like they’re doing somthing who knows. 

I'd be thrilled if Unrelenting was as available as often as Rune of Protection (current or planned)... as long as the effects were untouched. I find Unrelenting to be the sort of click-buff that I use as often as possible on my melee/PBAoE characters that take it. The only reason NOT to use it as often as possible is if holding it in reserve for the healing. I suppose from a game balance perspective, it shouldn't be better than a similar primary/secondary Dull Pain (or similar) power.

Frankly: Unrelenting is a reasonably powerful utility power gated behind some really unfortunate necessary power pool choices (Pacify and Intimidate). It requires having high Global +Recharge to make best use of right now.