QoL: Cleaning the Contacts list

RikOz

I don't know if this is possible, but ...

I would love to be able to remove selected contacts from my "Active" contacts tab.

In particular, there are certain contacts that get added to the list when characters reach a certain level, and for whatever reason you never outlevel them, so they stick around. I'm talking about First Ward contacts that get added at level 29. I'm simply not going to do First Ward/Night Ward on every single character, and I get a little tired of the contacts cluttering up my list. It would be nice to be able to remove them / shuffle them off the the "Inactive" tab.

Aside from those "automatic" contacts, there are also some RWZ contacts I'd like to delete. And frankly, any contact in the higher-level zones, particularly PI, simply never go away unless you take the time run them out of missions, because there aren't any higher-level contacts for them to introduce. There are many of them that, once I've completed whatever arc they offer, I don't intend to do any more missions for them. For example, after completing Harvey Maylor's Carnival of Shadows arc, he continues to offer a bunch of street-sweeping missions (all of which are "defeat 50 X") that I just don't want to do, but he won't leave my contacts list until I do.

• Like 1

Having an idle tab and then either a right click popup or a move to idle button and the same to move them back to active if desired.  Id love to see this along side with exemplar to outleveled contacts or removing the taskforce aspect from ouro flashback.  Let us more freely choose what we do and dont want, and be able to invite team members after we start the first mission.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RikOz said:

I would love to be able to remove selected contacts from my "Active" contacts tab.

The one I see most frequently complained about is Max (one of the DA contacts), who doesn't shuffle off to the Inactive tab even after you complete his arc.  If you're compulsive about finishing your contacts, Max is a blight on the Contacts panel.

23 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Having an idle tab and then either a right click popup or a move to idle button and the same to move them back to active if desired.  Id love to see this along side with exemplar to outleveled contacts or removing the taskforce aspect from ouro flashback.  Let us more freely choose what we do and dont want, and be able to invite team members after we start the first mission.

This was requested frequently during Live, and the TF nature is baked pretty hard into the Flashback code because of the way the devs built it to interact with arcs you've already outleveled.

I get it, though, because the original missions weren't TFs and you could add a full team when you'd solo'ed it up to the last boss.  (I frequently see people asking for help with Protean, for example.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

For true honest-to-god TF's, I'm fine with "nope, this is a TF, finish it with whoever's left from when you started it.".

But Ouro flashbacks?  Things that were just plain old Story Arcs around Talos Isle or Croatoa or Sharkhead Isle?  C'mon. What's the big deal?  No foul to recruit more if you really *were* that level, doing the arc on the way up, shouldn't be when flashbacking it, either.  One possible exception:  if you flashback with certain challenges added for Ouro badges?  Maybe then, inviting more people should disqualify you (certainly anyone you recruit partway through, because they weren't there for the whole thing...) from recieving "credit" towards that badge. 

1 hour ago, FrauleinMental said:

This was requested frequently during Live, and the TF nature is baked pretty hard into the Flashback code because of the way the devs built it to interact with arcs you've already outleveled.

I'm hopeful (possibly without reason, but hopeful....) that some of the code refactoring Homecoming has done in the last couple years, may have made it more possible to untangle that particular knot. Certainly don't hurt to ask, even if I have to keep that line from Princess Bride in mind.  "Get used to disappointment." 😀

• Like 1

Another part of Ouro being set up as TFs is in how it awards Merits - at the end of the arc, all teammates get merit rewards, not just the arc owner.  While I would love to be able to invite friends halfway through an arc, some tweaking the rewards would have to be done to prevent exploits.

And that "idle" contact tab would be great.  FBZ is a bad offender for that contact list clutter, as all of the contacts offer repeatable missions, and you get introduced to more and more of them as you explore their arcs and the Shard (I think I'm up to 4 of them now?).  Being able to move the initial contacts to a separate list would be so very useful.