Devices Smoke Grenade and -ToHit questions

Fink

Hey, I'm having a hard time testing this, but is the -ToHit on Smoke Grenade good? It has a base of 4.9% -ToHit. That doesn't sound great? 

Do you use it mainly for the perception? Because I'd rather just have celebrity +stealth on sprint and save a power.

Also, does it always hit now? I thought I remember it being able to miss on live.

Thanks for any insight you can give 🙂

Smoke Grenade is essentially like adding the value of the tohitdebuff right to you and your teammates' defense, so it can softcap you so to speak without actually being softcapped. The negative perception is useful for controlling which mobs get pulled when you have multiple packs close together (which is really useful at low levels like on Posi 2)

According to Mids.... it's an AutoHit power, but the effect requires a ToHit check.  I will use it along with Celebrity +Stealth for when I want to drop a Trip Mine or Time Bomb in the middle of a group.

It doesn't require much for slotting.  You could leave it with just the default, or put 4 Dark Watcher's Despair in it for the 5% recharge bonus.

One other note... on a team, you may have to tell them it doesn't draw aggro.  Otherwise you'll toss it and the team will think you're pulling the target.

4 hours ago, Mack008 said:

According to Mids.... it's an AutoHit power, but the effect requires a ToHit check. 

I believe the ToHit check is only against players.  It should be autohit against critters.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

6 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I believe the ToHit check is only against players.  It should be autohit against critters.

I'm just going by what Mids says, which is: -4.9% ToHit to Targets for 60 seconds (to Mobs, requires a ToHit check)