"You've reached the maximum number of auto-complete missions."

malleable1

When I attempt to turn in missions I am getting "You've reached the maximum number of auto-complete missions..." and I can't complete missions and move on to the next.

I just started yesterday and my first character got in several missions before this happened. 

I started another character and got couldn't complete the very first mission.

Started a third character and could complete the first mission but not the second mission.

The error message includes "If you have reached this message in error contact customer support."

I'm guessing that something is wrong.

Any suggestions on how to fix this and keep playing the game?

Thanks,

Mal

Are you actually using the button to auto-complete missions, or is this happening while trying to complete missions the regular way? (Which is usually to go to a mission door and follow the instructions shown in your nav window.)

11 minutes ago, malleable1 said:

Ohhh.  I'm doing it the normal way.  I click on the "Complete this mission" line when talking to a contact.  But the error message pops up and the mission won't complete, so I don't get to the point to my next mission.

Mal

That is not the normal way.  That is a mission auto-complete in case you run into a bug you can’t get around or if the mission is too difficult, and can only be used once every... three days I think.

You should get some sort of indicator on the map telling you where you have to go.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, malleable1 said:

Ohhh.  I'm doing it the normal way.  I click on the "Complete this mission" line when talking to a contact.  But the error message pops up and the mission won't complete, so I don't get to the point to my next mission.

Mal

The "complete this mission" option is the auto-complete option. Do not use that option unless you're having issues with a particular mission or it's bugged as you only get to do that once per 3 real days. When you've gone through a mission normally and it asks you to return to the contact (or you have the call feature), just speaking to them at all should advance to the mission rewards. If you're getting that prompt, you're not fully completing a mission before speaking to your contacts.

This option doesn't work for any mission that awards a badge, is the final mission in an arc, or most missions that contain an AV in them (including AVs that were downgraded to EBs in mission difficulty settings).

• Like 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

Normally, when you complete your mission objectives, two things can happen:

Street swiping: upon completing the required amount of enemy defeats, the text changes to "Return to contact", merely speaking to the contact will proceed to the next mission.

Indoor instance: upon completing the required objective, the "MISSION COMPLETE" message will appear. From then you can either exit manually or click "Exit mission" on top (not sure those are the exact words) and by doing either, you'll be met with "Return to contact" like the case above.

If at any point you talked to your contact and chose "Complete this mission", it means you asked the contact to auto-complete it (forfeit) for you and you can to that only once every three days.

Hoping this helps you out. Welcome to the forums!

• Like 1