Power sets that feel completely different on different archetypes?

carroto

I'm inspired to ask because I had this experience recently with Psi Melee.  Tried it a while back on a Brute and didn't much care for it.  It wasn't exactly bad, but did nothing for me.  Finally gave it another go on a Stalker and absolutely love it.  On the Brute I almost never used the confuse (despite normally loving any power with that effect) aside from special cases like maybe sappers.  On the Stalker it's so much fun to be able to confuse a minion to help me take out the boss next to him.  Also when fighting Rikti it's easy to be constantly running around with three or more Accelerate Metabolisms on me.

I can't remember when I've ever had such a different experience with the same power set on different ATs.  I know it's not exactly the same because Stalkers get a few changes, but I've done that plenty of times before with other power sets and none of them felt so different.

Have you ever experienced this as well?

• Like 1

I’m racking my brain for a fun answer. Best I’ve got so far is my SR tanker versus my SR sentinel or my Fortunata. That higher HP allows you to survive while scaling resistances kick in, and the higher resistance caps mean you practically have Moment of Glory at low HP. Whereas the latter two can faceplant if they run into a hefty alpha strike, the former is basically unkillable for next to no slotting investment. 

On a Sentinel, Regeneration feels like I actually have a defensive powerset. On anything else, it feels like I don't.

....actually it's probably a bit too effective in the Sentinel, it actually protects me better in actual gameplay better than most secondaries do on a Brute or Scrapper, but I don't want anyone to 'fix' it because I like being able to play a Sentinel.

Edited by SaintD

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak