Revamped Atlas Park April 20th Changes

LQT

As per the patch notes;

Atlas Park & Mercy Island

• Enemies in Atlas Park and Mercy Island should no longer reproduce like rabbits and spawn in on top of players

Open world mobs required during the Officer Fields and Aaron Thiery missions are now extremely sparse.

- Sewers used for Officer Fields are 3 rooms with the central room previously spawning in at least half a dozen pairs of Vahz. There is now a single pair in the entire room with a couple of others in the sides rooms for what is meant to be a hunt 10.

- Likewise hunting Arachnos Commanders for Aaron Thiery there looks to have been some spawns removed entirely so for a hunt of 5 there are 3 in the zone with a 3 minute or so respawn.

The changes are understandable as I do remember respawns often appearing in and around the rooms quite rapidly however the implementation feels heavy handed and now causes artificial timegates on progress while waiting for respawns.

A middle ground between the original settings and the current ones seems needed.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I'd rather see the requirements for these starter missions changed than the spawn change rolled back.  I was never a fan of the way these open world hunt missions with rapid respawn were implemented.  Felt way too much like CoX was trying to be like other MMOs, when I always thought its strength was in its differences from the pack.

• City Council
35 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

I'd rather see the requirements for these starter missions changed than the spawn change rolled back.  I was never a fan of the way these open world hunt missions with rapid respawn were implemented.  Felt way too much like CoX was trying to be like other MMOs, when I always thought its strength was in its differences from the pack.

I agree, but a quick revert to address the issue followed by a better solution in the future is probably the way to go, otherwise we'll have to rush a fix that may cause new issues. Better the devil you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LQT said:

As per the patch notes;

Atlas Park & Mercy Island

• Enemies in Atlas Park and Mercy Island should no longer reproduce like rabbits and spawn in on top of players

Open world mobs required during the Officer Fields and Aaron Thiery missions are now extremely sparse.

- Sewers used for Officer Fields are 3 rooms with the central room previously spawning in at least half a dozen pairs of Vahz. There is now a single pair in the entire room with a couple of others in the sides rooms for what is meant to be a hunt 10.

- Likewise hunting Arachnos Commanders for Aaron Thiery there looks to have been some spawns removed entirely so for a hunt of 5 there are 3 in the zone with a 3 minute or so respawn.

The changes are understandable as I do remember respawns often appearing in and around the rooms quite rapidly however the implementation feels heavy handed and now causes artificial timegates on progress while waiting for respawns.

A middle ground between the original settings and the current ones seems needed.

I just ran the starter arcs and can confirm these observations and echo the frustration of formerly quick hunts taking too long.

• 6 months later

Has this been implemented again? Running the intro AP arcs again via ouro on a higher toon and again the Vahz in the sewer and Arachnos Commanders are extremely sparse.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.