Build made just needs cleaning up (Grav/NRG)

HachiMan2015

Hi all, in my continued battle to have an IO'ed out everything at 50 (not pimped out, but workable) I am now down to the last 2  AT's that I need to do. My MM (Ninja/Elec) I am happy with, it's just this dominator that I can't quite eeek out the numbers. I am going by @oedipus_texrule for Doms with Recharge first then 32% S/L/E ( I can't remember if Range was in there......if so then I am more far off than I wish)

I am sooo close on both. Is there any way I can get you great people to help clean this up. What I am married to is the main powersets, and the sorcery pool for the enflame schtick. But I also wanna somehow get Teleport Other to move Singy around but I cannot figure that either.

The only other caveat is because I have all these other 50's IO'ed I wanna keep Winter's out and only 2 or maybe 3 purples. I am spread thin on money.

I know this sounds demanding and if it is then tell me to go fly a kite! The build is "alright" playing as is so far...just hoping it can tighten up a bit?

Look at it as a challenge!!! 🤪😝

Thank you for whatever time you have to give

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(50), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), UnbCns-Dam%(9), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(11), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(13), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg(15), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(15), Prv-Absorb%(17)
Level 6: Propel -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(19), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(36), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(37), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(39)
Level 10: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-Def(33)
Level 14: Enflame -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(23), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(25), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(25), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(27)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- NrnSht-Acc/Rchg(A), NrnSht-EndRdx/Hold(39), NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(39), NrnSht-Hold/Rng(40), NrnSht-Acc/Hold/Rchg(40), NrnSht-Dam%(40)
Level 20: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/Rchg(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(42), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(43)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResKB(33)
Level 30: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(34), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(34), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36), Dmg-I(36)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(45), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Power Burst -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(42), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 44: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(45)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
------------

3 hours ago, HachiMan2015 said:

But I also wanna somehow get Teleport Other to move Singy around but I cannot figure that either.

Drop vengeance, replace with teleport target, profit. You only get mileage out of veng on teams, and on teams where people die with regularity, and it does nothing for you solo where teleport target does a LOT.

I would consider just not taking Rune of Protection to be honest, once you have achieved permadom. That could be a good power to replace with teleport target as well, and it is low enough in the power pick list you have there to be useful in all circumstances, porting enemies, fellow players, or the upcoming singy at 32.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hew said:

Drop vengeance, replace with teleport target, profit. You only get mileage out of veng on teams, and on teams where people die with regularity, and it does nothing for you solo where teleport target does a LOT.

I would consider just not taking Rune of Protection to be honest, once you have achieved permadom. That could be a good power to replace with teleport target as well, and it is low enough in the power pick list you have there to be useful in all circumstances, porting enemies, fellow players, or the upcoming singy at 32.

I have to agree vengeance is a nice power to have and a nice little LotG mule but if your build isn't hanging by a thread for that 7.5% recharge bonus then I find some other teammate will likely have vengeance so you can find yourself another stronger more active power.  Like Rune of Protection yeah if you're going Sorcery for Enflame anyways.  

I can't open the build but I can comment on a few things I can see.

Firstly the Scorpion pool doesn't have a whole lot going for it on Dominators. It would be my last choice. If you want Defense armor, the Ice APP is much more attractive IMO. Other attractive pools are Mu, Soul, Psi, and Leviathan, for various reasons. 

I also think you've skipped too many important Energy attacks. Without Total Focus and Whirling Hands you will struggle to deliver enough damage. If you were looking for a character who can pull off ranged damage you're probably looking at a /Fire Assault Dom or else a Gravity Controller. Dominators in general do not do well without close range punches.

I don't personally think Enflame is a great power on Dominators. I can stand to be proven wrong about this. But for sure I wouldn't take it over bread and butter attacks.

Since you'll be a permadom, Rune of Protection is mostly wasted. Overall I'd be veering away from the Sorcery pool unless you're picking it for the thematics. Since flying quickly looks like it's important to you I'd personally take Hover/Fly and drop Mystic Flight, Spirit Ward, Enflame, and RoP and pick up better attacks. Again if you really want to lean into the Sorcery pool I'd think about a Controller, who picks up a lot more benefit from it than Dominators do.

I'm not sure how the new travel powers have changed things, but IMO having both Mystic Flight/Flight and Super Speed is redundant.

Assault is rarely worth taking in my experience when you have more pressing needs.

I'd move Hasten earlier in the build in case you exemplar. I'd take it at level 4 unless you have something better. For sure Hasten before Spirit Ward etc.

I've not run the math but I suspect Propel can be dropped. It's another mediocre damage ranged attack and you have plenty of those. But you'll want to look at the DPA of your attacks nd make that decision. If Propel is important to the concept again I'd lean Controller. Propel is kind of a fluff power on Dominators.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HachiMan2015 said:

Only thing is, I have used up all 4 power pool spots. Unless I get rid of hover....but then there goes some defense 🥺

Oh yeah looks like you do have Rune.  What I'd likely do is drop Propel since almost every attack in Energy is better (but it is neat to throw a garbage can at someone, but effective?).  Total Focus is a must like @oedipus_tex says, it makes Power Burst into an animal of a power, but that also means you'll need to adapt to play more melee hybrid. 

Whirling Hands after the latest nerf is meh again, for that animation I usually just have it for the Winter set bonuses and use it little or I trade it out for the Soul Mastery aoe blast which animates much faster with near the same damage and also does -tohitt.  

I also have been getting used to taking Bone Smasher since it does -special with it's release which is good against AV's if you team a lot and do lots of tf's.  

Oh and yeah definitely tactics over assault every day, it's better to instantly lock all critters down than missing some so that +tohitt power helps tons plus you can slot the Gaussian +build up effect.   

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

I can't open the build but I can comment on a few things I can see.

again I'd lean Controller.

That's weird, when I'm home I'll try and export it again?

Alot of great information from everyone, thank-you. The reason for sorcery (and subsequently trying to get teleport other) is for enflame on singy and then dropping him into packs for some needed aoe. Or is that just too gimmicky and not as good as I'm envisioning?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HachiMan2015 said:

That's weird, when I'm home I'll try and export it again?

Alot of great information from everyone, thank-you. The reason for sorcery (and subsequently trying to get teleport other) is for enflame on singy and then dropping him into packs for some needed aoe. Or is that just too gimmicky and not as good as I'm envisioning?

The problem is on my end. Mids corrupted a while back and even uninstalling/reinstalling hasn't fixed it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

I don't personally think Enflame is a great power on Dominators. I can stand to be proven wrong about this. But for sure I wouldn't take it over bread and butter attacks.

First, enflame is good enough that my 6 year old can solo 0/5 just casting enflame on singy and walking close to mobs in stealth and letting singy open combat. She just mashes buttons once engaged.

Second, ABSOLUTELY! Enflame is an add on to, not a replacement for core secondary attacks. Do not assume enflame does all your killing for you! Also, it generates gobs of agro, so be prepared for that!

Considering that my daughter can mash buttons 1-5, click singy once in a while and enflame it, thats pretty good indicator in my opinion. My personal silly tricks with multiple stacks of thorntrops doesn't count. 😄

So, just so I am clear on the thinking,  in order to make this work if I wish to keep enflame, and to get Teleport Other, I will have to remove hover to free up a power pool and then try and get the defenses from somewhere else in the sets? ok I will go back to the drawing board!

10 hours ago, HachiMan2015 said:

Hi all, in my continued battle to have an IO'ed out everything at 50 (not pimped out, but workable) I am now down to the last 2  AT's that I need to do. My MM (Ninja/Elec) I am happy with, it's just this dominator that I can't quite eeek out the numbers. I am going by @oedipus_texrule for Doms with Recharge first then 32% S/L/E ( I can't remember if Range was in there......if so then I am more far off than I wish)

I am sooo close on both. Is there any way I can get you great people to help clean this up. What I am married to is the main powersets, and the sorcery pool for the enflame schtick. But I also wanna somehow get Teleport Other to move Singy around but I cannot figure that either.

The only other caveat is because I have all these other 50's IO'ed I wanna keep Winter's out and only 2 or maybe 3 purples. I am spread thin on money.

I know this sounds demanding and if it is then tell me to go fly a kite! The build is "alright" playing as is so far...just hoping it can tighten up a bit?

Look at it as a challenge!!! 🤪😝

Thank you for whatever time you have to give

I've toyed around with a grav/nrg build more so since reading a post about enflame+singy, and will vouch for the pairings effectiveness. I also have the want to swap-in teleport target, but have found I've been doing great without it.

I'm finding the quickest clear speed w/ my build w/o teleport target, is to buff singy with spirit ward, use wormhole to drop mobs on top of singy, apply enflame immediately after casting wormhole, then immobilize the teleported group. From here you can range attack any mobs not teleported by wormhole, luring them to singy, hide behind an object if available to quicken the pull, and lock them down with immobilize once they're within singy's gravitational field.  From this point, since I'm not using teleport target, I will quickly run ahead and and draw the next group back to singy, who is working on the first spawn still. I will keep pulling mobs and locking them down with immobilize until I feel the distance of return is too far/takes too long, causing singy to follow.

Often enough, I'm able to total focus + power burst the boss dead while singy + enflame, and curshing field thrown in between attacks kills the rest. If multi bosses are grouped, Ill switch between them with single target attacks. Also, I'm use whirling hands as my only AoE attack, besides spamming the group immobilize, crushing field, while no bosses present. The double cast is effective in this build. Of course works with bosses, but then I find I'm left only killing a boss at the end of every pull much longer than preferred after all else have died.

Here is the build I'm currently working with, more expensive sets than you'd prefer, but if you can take anything from it, awesome. Or else, someone may tell me whats up; supplying you with more info ^.^

*SHARED WRONG BUILD - CORRECTED*

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(9)
Level 4: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(17), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(19), Lck-Rchg/Hold(19), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(33), Lck-%Hold(36)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dam%(A), Erd-%Dam(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg(23)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- Heal-I(A), EndRdx-I(25)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 30: Enflame -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(40), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(45)
Level 41: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), Rct-Def/Rchg(48), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(7)
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 0: Marshal
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: Invader
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

Edited by triplem3
Corrected Build ^.^
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, triplem3 said:

Here is the build I'm currently working with, more expensive sets than you'd prefer, but if you can take anything from it, awesome. Or else, someone may tell me whats up; supplying you with more info ^.^

That is awesome and a great reference point...thank you for sharing it! 😄

Quick Question @triplem3 Does Power Up Boost your link minds? Mids says yes but I thought I read somewhere that it does not? If it does, well, then that's a game changer

Edit: Just tested it. It only lasts as long as the 10 second Power Up 🤥

Edited by HachiMan2015
New Information

9 hours ago, HachiMan2015 said:

So, just so I am clear on the thinking,  in order to make this work if I wish to keep enflame, and to get Teleport Other, I will have to remove hover to free up a power pool and then try and get the defenses from somewhere else in the sets? ok I will go back to the drawing board!

Builds should be fluid, not built on the eternity of thoushaltsoftcap.

You are a dom.  Your defense is your offense. There are lots of ways doms can leverage their built-in functions to mitigate loss of a few points of defense....

Also, you can cheese it like my daughter does. Stealth up, enflame singy, walk into mobs, wait patiently for it to follow you and start fightning. It WORKS. 😛 No teleport target needed. It's just, well, not terribly fast. But veeeeeeeeeery soothing.

6 hours ago, HachiMan2015 said:

Quick Question @triplem3 Does Power Up Boost your link minds? Mids says yes but I thought I read somewhere that it does not? If it does, well, then that's a game changer

Edit: Just tested it. It only lasts as long as the 10 second Power Up 🤥

This sounds wrong to me. Link Minds is a clickie, not a toggle so "lasts 10 seconds" shouldn't be right.

What should happen is no boost at all, because Link Minds has some psi resist.

3 hours ago, Carnifax said:

This sounds wrong to me. Link Minds is a clickie, not a toggle so "lasts 10 seconds" shouldn't be right.

What should happen is no boost at all, because Link Minds has some psi resist.

Always been like this. It has been a source of much sadness for me, but its so bad ass that the boost isnt a deal breaker in the least.

edit: partial justification on that appelation: the huge +tohit that boosts snipes to max damage on a perma basis, and the defense is nothing to sneeze at with +4% before enh to all.

Edited by Hew

Ok I took @triplem3build and made a few personal adjustments. I still cannot get teleport other to zapp my singy around the battlefield but  I have resigned myself to that. I also wish I can slot sleet more but.......

I kept their purples and winters...I will probably just cannibalize one of my under used 50's so I guess that's not a big deal.  I am happy with these numbers. I think I may go Agility for incarnate and that will just top it off nicely...what are you experts thoughts?

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(9)
Level 4: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(17)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(19), Lck-Rchg/Hold(19), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-%Hold(36)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg(23), Erd-%Dam(37)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 30: Enflame -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(36), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 38: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(40), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(45)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46), Rct-Def(46)
Level 44: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50), RedFrt-EndRdx(50), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Dimension Shift -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 50: Marshal 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

On 5/6/2021 at 8:42 PM, HachiMan2015 said:

Ok I took @triplem3build and made a few personal adjustments. I still cannot get teleport other to zapp my singy around the battlefield but  I have resigned myself to that. I also wish I can slot sleet more but.......

I kept their purples and winters...I will probably just cannibalize one of my under used 50's so I guess that's not a big deal.  I am happy with these numbers. I think I may go Agility for incarnate and that will just top it off nicely...what are you experts thoughts?

Level 50 Magic Dominator

Villain Profile:
Level 4: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(17)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(19), Lck-Rchg/Hold(19), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-%Hold(36)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg(23), Erd-%Dam(37)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(36), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46), Rct-Def(46)
Level 44: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50), RedFrt-EndRdx(50), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Dimension Shift -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 50: Marshal 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

Sorry late response been busy with a project. Will look over, and comment with at least a intermediate-thoughts, in just a bit!

You've kept the core of the build, and switched out the flavor skills, looks good. Leaving the skills you have I'd remove 2 slots from Frozen Shield, only losing .3 s/l defense, and you have enough recharge the 5% isn't much. Can use for slotting your level 49 power pick, but dimension shift as you have it, doesn't need slotting. If your endurance can manage, you may also consider a slightly under slotted Ice Storm for more damage, and soft control (which will stack nicely with Fire Orb Procs slotted in Crushing Field as layered control, instead of dimension shift ( I like DS solo - very fun).

I'm going to try this build later. I kept SS, for the stealth effect with sprint slotted. But may resubmit RoP for the "tank" minute it provides.

Can also use a fire proc in sleet, I'm not running most up to date builder.

Can also use Diamagnetic Interface -ToHit Proc for addtional Psudo-defense.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Dominator

Villain Profile:
Level 4: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(11), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(17), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(19), Lck-Rchg/Hold(19), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(33), Lck-%Hold(36)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dam%(A), Erd-%Dam(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg(23)
Level 22: Spirit Ward -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Enflame -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 30: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A), PstBls-Dam%(46), TchofLadG-%Dam(48)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 0: Marshal
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: Invader
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

Edited by triplem3
added build
  • Like 2

Oh yeah it's basically your build for sure, just reflavored. Thank you so much for that. 

You also answered one of my bigger questions.....I will take the slots from frozen armor, and put them in sleet maybe? I like dimension shift solo also😜

3 hours ago, HachiMan2015 said:

Oh yeah it's basically your build for sure, just reflavored. Thank you so much for that. 

You also answered one of my bigger questions.....I will take the slots from frozen armor, and put them in sleet maybe? I like dimension shift solo also😜

Just made a respec, but used dimension shift for the fun of it, and its playing really well.

• Like 1

I will admit of all the possible Dominator combos out there, Grav/Energy makes me the most intimidated to post about. Calculating attack chain and DPAs isn't something I'm an expert on. For this build I feel like it's needed though. Fingers crossed I can get the numbers right; I reserve the right to be corrected on my math. 🙂

In this combo there are a lot of potential variables and two competing "combo systems" that don't talk to each other, making it hard to guess how much damage any particular power will do in a scenario. I did my best to chart out some likely outcomes in the table below.

I assumed that:

• Lift and Propel generally are used on a target that has the Impact mechanic active on it
  • On Controllers, Containment is generally active 
  • On Dominators, Power Burst is generally used in Focus mode, which is achieved most reliably from opening with Total Focus

I didn't try to guess the DPA of the Snipe in fast activation mode. Someone probably has this number somewhere but I don't have the headspace this afternoon to figure it out. I believe the cast time in Snipe mode is 1.3.

First column raw damage, second column anim time, third column estimated DPA.

image.png.b29368380ed8ece1f521e02f304dfcaa.png

So, right away we should notice a few things.

• A Controller with Containment and Impact does about as much DPA with Lift as a Dominator's Total Focus, and more damage than Bone Smasher, Power Push, or Power Blast.
  • Dominators make up some of their ground versus a Controller with Power Burst/Snipe combo. It deals significant damage. However it depends on willingness to be at melee range or your luck with the Energy Focus system proccing off other attacks. Unfortunately, these other attacks have to be Energy Assault attacks, because Energy Assault doesn't talk to Gravity Control and vice versa. 

For Lift and Propel, which use the Impact system, it's hard to guess how often Impact is really in place. For me it is "most of the time." But on Controllers especially this could vary depending on your secondary set.

The other wildcard here is Controllers can usually buff their damage or debuff the enemy. This is much harder for Dominators. A Grav/Energy Dom will at least get +30% damage from Power Up to help out. They can also take Sleet in the Ice APP, admittedly in the Top 10 Most Potentially OP Powers Available to Any Archetype in Their APPs to even this out more. But versus a Kinetics, Trick Arrow, Poison, Storm, or a few other Controller secondaries it's really hard for the Dominator to compete.

If you read my posts in the past, you may know that I'm a fan of Dominators but also an advocate for buffing them. This combo highlights the extremes of how narrow the edge Dominators have over Controllers is. There are some advantages for the Dominator: mezz protection built into the class, Mag 6 Stun in Wormhole and Grav Distortion. However those barriers aren't insurmountable for the Controller, and there's little a Dominator can do to match a Controller's ability to act as a force multiplier who magnifies the effectiveness of the whole team.

There are some players who are flux with cash. Others for whom concept is king. I respect both perspectives If that's you and you want to spend a lot on this character I'd go for it.

On the other hand some players don't have a lot of money to their name. They want to stretch their funds best they can. For those players I'd consider rerolling as Storm, TA, Poison, Kinetics, Cold, or Dark Affinity Controller. The comparable Dominator is perfectly playable, but its mirror Controller buffs whole teams or hits the damage cap while still hurling Total Focus-strength ranged attacks every ~2 seconds.

If nothing else, probably skip Propel on the Dominator. I hate that such a cool looking power is so poor on Dominators. But other than its knockdown effect which I suppose isn't nothing, it doesn't measure up.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1