Illusionary damages vs Envenom

kazrack35

Hi there, so I came with the idea that envenom, with his -heal component should negate/reduce the hp refund to mobs hit by spectral wounds, / Phantom army.

A quick test shows that doesn't work. Envenomed ennemy still get heal after some time.

Does anyone know if that "works as expected", or if that's a bug?

Thx

2 hours ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

I don't think it is tagged as a heal but as negative damage:
https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=controller_control.illusion_control.spectral_wounds&at=controller

There is a "bug" where the healback damage is greater if you apply a -RES debuff after spectral damage is applied.

does -maxhp affect it? say, from the degenerative interface?

48 minutes ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

I'm not sure but I wouldn't expect it to have any effect on spectral damage. "-MaxHP" may have more tangible impact on enemy HP/Sec from Regen. Effects like these are typically heavily resisted when it matters; I'm not 100% sure how "- Max HP" is treated, it is something I would have to read up on.

The best way to think of spectral damage for Spectral Wounds in PvE are three effects:

• Main damage: 50.1604 points of Psionic damage (all affected targets)
  • The "Heal" back: -19.5748 points of Special damage (all affected targets) after 10s
  •   "If Containment" damage: 30.5856 points of Psionic damage (all affected targets)

I haven't looked in the code to see if there are any additional special provisions in this case.

Huh, for some reason I thought MaxHP handled heals, and damage scales, but maybe I wasn't thinking of the right thing.