I watched the first three seasons having never played any of the Castlevania games, so they were fresh to me.  Of course I'm old enough to know "oh yeah there was a guy call Belmont who fought Dracula in a Nintendo game" but nothing beyond that.  That said I really enjoyed the first two seasons of the show and not enjoying the third one much.  I haven't gotten around to watching the fourth yet since three was... what it was.

7 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

I watched the first three seasons having never played any of the Castlevania games, so they were fresh to me.  Of course I'm old enough to know "oh yeah there was a guy call Belmont who fought Dracula in a Nintendo game" but nothing beyond that.  That said I really enjoyed the first two seasons of the show and not enjoying the third one much.  I haven't gotten around to watching the fourth yet since three was... what it was.

Yeah I felt the same way. I gave the fourth season a chance because I really enjoyed the first two seasons, and everything was nicely tied up, all the plot holes were filled, etc. The only thing I didn't like...

Spoiler

...was how short 'Death' was included in the series. He should have been introduced in Season 3 - the fact that they gave Trevor Belmont all those cool weapons at the very end of the series. Part of me feels like the writers just wanted the series to end without any extraneous supposition on a future season. But like I said, I enjoyed how it ended, so I am happy with that 😁

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Netflix shows me ads for it but I haven't tried it.

Is this action, comedy, grimdark?

Lots of action, gore, grimdark, heavy adult themes. It's an adaptation of a video game series, and I think it did a great job. Wish they included the Castlevania music though 😂

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png