Solid, well-rounded melee build- Mad Influence- my Electric/Stone Tanker

Rustbeltcomics

Hi all, looking to respec my lvl 50 tanker now that I have some influence from my farmer alt.

Any feedback on this build version. Without incarnates it has that has 36% (45% with incarnate) softcap S/L defense and melee def at 45/53%. Resistance to all but negative 71% and toxic (43%) at 89-90%. Recharge at 143% (212% with ageless) and regen at 427%.

While the build could already do pretty much anything I wanted to do I think my slotting of procs is probably not great as I don't know which powers proc well vs those that don't. I took procs out of lightning field as I believe toggles don't proc often. Fault is a cool power for knockdown but may also be a bad place to put to damage procs, if they proc well it may rock though.

My only wish is that Tremor didn't have a 3.3 second animation. I love the power but it is so slow.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.2.19
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Tanker
Primary Power Set: Electric Armor
Secondary Power Set: Stone Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(3)
Level 1: Stone Fist -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(31)
Level 2: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 6: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Heavy Mallet -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(29), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 12: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg(15)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34)
Level 16: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 18: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36)
Level 26: Lightning Field -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 28: Cross Punch -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), ExpStr-Dam%(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36)
Level 30: Fault -- PrfZng-Dam%(A), ExpStr-Dam%(33), PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 32: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37), Rct-Def/Rchg(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 35: Gloom -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Dcm-Build%(46)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(40), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Tremor -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Darkest Night -- DscWrd-ToHitDeb(A), DscWrd-ToHitDeb/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Power Sink -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Lightning Reflexes -- Run(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Run(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), NmnCnv-Heal(17), Pnc-Heal(39)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PwrTrns-EndMod(48)
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Paralytic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Storm Elemental Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment 
------------

Everything seems in order. The only thing I might say is that you have too much in the way of resistances. Lower them a bit since you have the ATO in Seismic Smash that adds 6.7% to all resistances each time it procs, and it can stack three times (Mids accounts for just one and even so they are already a 90%). You shouldn't need Ageless IMO, Barrier is a great panic button for a resist based Tanker (-def attacks will make a mockery out of 90% resists), which also adds another permanent 5% to defense and resists that you can again juggle with. Your 90% resists would go up to 95% with Barrier up, then to 101% with a second ATO stack. Anything over 90% is wasted.

This allows to change slotting and add more procs where you'd see fit or to better some slotting like Energize (as your sole heal it should be pumped up).

I don't want to mess with your build too much since it's tailored for your playstyle, because if I do it would just turn into another Sovera-cookie-cutter build, but things to consider are your accuracy in Fault (70% against +3, but it's not a power I would bother with personally), that you might want your ATO at a lower level than you pick it so you get the procs sooner, placing a Gaussian proc in Build-up, Paralytic Radial is of very little use and I suggest Degenerative with 75% chance for DoT with 25% chance for debu-... This is taking too long to write 😛

Trying to respect your choices.

- Defenses at 40% for Barrier to finish capping if you're doing hard content. If it's not hard content you don't need to use Barrier in the first place.

- Resistances at 80%-ish with one stack of the ATO, 86% with a second stack that happens naturally as you're playing, then either a third (unreliable) to finish capping or you're doing hard content and using Barrier and it's a neat 90% including psi. Toxic remains your sole defensive hole. As a bonus Tough becomes a mule you don't toggle on because you won't need it to cap S/L resistances.

- Extreme exemplaring was taken into account so powers were shuffled. As low as Posi 1 you have at least two attacks to juggle and one of them is a cone to help with AoE. Both have FF procs to help with recharge. Power Sink comes much much earlier so that you can stop relying on Energize for endurance (a heal needs to be used for moments healing is needed). Because of trying to take Cross punch so early sacrifices are made with Combat Jumping and Lightning Field taken so late, but shuffle according to your desires.

- Gloom is great, but I think you'll feel the hurt once you fight mobs who debuff accuracy. Focused Accuracy in the epic Energy pool would fix this, but you will have to see if it's important enough to do the swap.

- Hasten at 124 is pretty spiffy and will become perma with all the FF procs.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7

Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(3), ImpArm-ResPsi(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7)
Level 1: Stone Fist -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), ImpArm-ResPsi(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11)
Level 4: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 6: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17)
Level 10: Heavy Mallet -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 14: Tough -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), GssSynFr--Build%(25)
Level 18: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Cross Punch -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(33)
Level 22: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 24: Lightning Field -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(37), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(39)
Level 26: Power Sink -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(39), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(39), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(50), SynSck-Dam/Rech(50), SynSck-EndMod(50)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), UnbCns-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Tremor -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg(46), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 47: Fault -- Acc-I(A)
Level 49: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
------------

*pantpant* That was some Tetris-ing to fit all the things.

Thanks for the great advice. I may take out Fault as it is cool but not really needed once I get to 50 and have the other IOs. I didn't realize the ATO adds 6.7% resistance each time it procs. That is a real game change for my build.

I need to take a close look it now that I saved it into Mids but want to get a little play time in tonight first.

Later

See what you think of this revision where I put Gladiator's Armor's +3 in the empty Tough slot which saved a slot to increase my HPs 7.5%.

I then took out Fault, Gloom and Darkest Night and put in Focused Accuracy, Laser Beam Eyes, and Physician Perfection. I don't think I needed Darkest Night which is great at low levels but not so needed after 50. Instead I went for even more regeneration, recovery, and recharge.

Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7)
Level 2: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), ImpArm-ResPsi(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11)
Level 6: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17)
Level 10: Heavy Mallet -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34)
Level 18: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Cross Punch -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(33)
Level 22: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Prv-Heal(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Lightning Field -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(37), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(39)
Level 26: Power Sink -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(39), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(39), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(50), SynSck-Dam/Rech(50), SynSck-EndMod(50)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), UnbCns-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Laser Beam Eyes -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Tremor -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg(46), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), PrfShf-End%(48)
Level 49: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
------------

Good catch with the Tough 😄 That's a saved slot right there. There's no need to then waste it on 7.5% HP back on Tough though. Change one RES/RECH in Static Shield (or Conductive Shield) for the 7.5% unique and you keep the bonuses and only lose 1% in Psi resistance which you can afford since you'll still be overcapped with a second ATO stack and Barrier (81%, 87% with a second stack, 92% with Barrier, or 93% with a third stack as you simply hit things).

I'm not sure on what would be a good use for that slot. Maybe a -KB IO for those times you're jumping and Grounded isn't protecting from KBs? Maybe a second damage proc in Laser Eyes? Just put it where ever you think might be useful.

Thanks again.

I put in the KB resistance into Static Shield which also gave me a small recovery boost.

Here is my revised build for anyone that is interested.

Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7)
Level 6: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17), StdPrt-ResKB(34)
Level 10: Heavy Mallet -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 22: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Prv-Heal(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Laser Beam Eyes -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Tremor -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg(46), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), PrfShf-End%(48)
Level 49: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
------------

• Like 1