My current Eng/Bio build, looking for a few pointers.

Squishor

Here is my current build. I know I will swap around SJ in the placement but I didn't know if anyone else had any ideas or pointers? My fire and cold def are a bit too high and my others are a little low for s/l. GC takes a lot of end so some of the other sets get me in a end bind. I am lvl 46 now so not quite there but I have most of the pieces already as attuned enhancements. Any tips would be appreciated.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(11)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(3), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Ags-ResDam(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal(23), PrfShf-End%(25)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(29)
Level 6: Bone Smasher -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(19)
Level 8: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 10: Adaptation 
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam(17)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(39)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Dam%(36)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(33), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 26: Total Focus -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(33)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(46), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 41: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), StnoftheM-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation 
------------

Edited by Squishor

• Squishor changed the title to My current Eng/Bio build, looking for a few pointers.

I wouldn't double Recharge Enhance Build Up.  I would just slot the Proc and move those two slots else where.

The Performance Shifter Proc might as well be in Stamina, so you get the set bonus with the PS End Mod in Stamina.  +5 some of those Enhancements (Hasten and Energy Transfer).

I'd try and get Energy Transfer down in recharge time (I believe it's 2.77s arcanatime) so you can Energy Transfer (long) > Total Focus > Energy Transfer > Bone Smasher > Zapp > Repeat and sometimes get a that long ET, into a fast ET 🙂

15 hours ago, BrandX said:

I wouldn't double Recharge Enhance Build Up.  I would just slot the Proc and move those two slots else where.

The Performance Shifter Proc might as well be in Stamina, so you get the set bonus with the PS End Mod in Stamina.  +5 some of those Enhancements (Hasten and Energy Transfer).

I'd try and get Energy Transfer down in recharge time (I believe it's 2.77s arcanatime) so you can Energy Transfer (long) > Total Focus > Energy Transfer > Bone Smasher > Zapp > Repeat and sometimes get a that long ET, into a fast ET 🙂

Thanks. Not sure why I only had 4 in Energy transfer It should def be 5. I will swap around the PS from inexhaustible. So you were saying to 5 slot hasten?  I am going to rework a little this eve and repost but I am not sure the 5 slot hasten reasoning. Also, I am almost 48 now so not too much more to go! 

14 minutes ago, Squishor said:

So you were saying to 5 slot hasten?

Not 5 slot, but Boost. So the enhancements in there are 50+5 IOs rather than 50s. Definitely do not 5 slot hasten 😃 No reason at all. It takes no sets and with the two 50+5 recharges you'll be at max recharge.

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

26 minutes ago, Oysterhead said:

Not 5 slot, but Boost. So the enhancements in there are 50+5 IOs rather than 50s. Definitely do not 5 slot hasten 😃 No reason at all. It takes no sets and with the two 50+5 recharges you'll be at max recharge.

This.  Boost them to +5 (not the Procs, that does nothing) on at least some of those enhancements (like the Recharge IOs in Hasten and the Enhancements with Recharge in Energy Transfer).

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. It has been too long since I have done that. I was leveling on attuned IO's and crafted recharge IO's for the recharge redux... Do I use an enhancement catalyst to bump up those recharge redux ones?

21 minutes ago, Squishor said:

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. It has been too long since I have done that. I was leveling on attuned IO's and crafted recharge IO's for the recharge redux... Do I use an enhancement catalyst to bump up those recharge redux ones?

Enhancement Boosters - they're also special salvage, but a different type.

1 hour ago, Squishor said:

And as a note, don't attune Purple IOs.  PvP IOs (if you use them) shouldn't generally be attuned either, and just use level 50 ones.

That's because Purple and PvP IOs would when exempt down all the way to lvl 7.

Made the mistake on the PvP IO ones myself not knowing that, so passing that bit on 🙂

44 minutes ago, BrandX said:

And as a note, don't attune Purple IOs.  PvP IOs (if you use them) shouldn't generally be attuned either, and just use level 50 ones.

That's because Purple and PvP IOs would when exempt down all the way to lvl 7.

Made the mistake on the PvP IO ones myself not knowing that, so passing that bit on 🙂

Thank you! Yeah on previous toons I have the attuned purples. I am guessing you make the purples +5 then also with the boosters?

22 hours ago, BrandX said:

Yes.  

Quick question, do you knwo hwo to add levels to IO's in mids? I see the +- when I select some of the IO's but I can't actually add a level to it, not sure the command etc. 

1 hour ago, Squishor said:

Quick question, do you knwo hwo to add levels to IO's in mids? I see the +- when I select some of the IO's but I can't actually add a level to it, not sure the command etc. 

Mouse over the IO and hit the + key.  Then click on it.

I see you're running Cardiac AND Ageless. If you're struggling for End don't forget about slotting uniques in Health. You're already using Numina's in Ablative and Panacea in Inexhaustible, but you can also try putting Miracle +Recovery in Health. Also if you can spare a slot I would recommend putting a second one in Stamina and throwing in Performance Shifter Endmod. The proc is nice on its own, but boosting how much End Stamina gives at base is also quite helpful.

Edited by Zalari