/powexec_location target causes SOME pseudo-pets to spawn under objects or terrain.

Luminara

It never happens with henchmen or regular pets (Haunt, Phantom Army and Spectral Terror all work as expected with this command), as far as I've been able to discern.  Nor does it seem to happen with Disruption Arrow.  But Glue Arrow and Oil Slick Arrow seem to spawn their pets under their target critter, and if the target critter is standing on a box, a platform, a piece of a potato chip, then the pseudo-pet spawns under the object.  If the terrain is hilly, the pseudo-pet will almost always spawn underground.  In the case of Glue Arrow, this causes the power to fail to affect anything.  When it happens with OSA, it can make OSTarget impossible to target, thus ignite.  For both, it can also aggro an additional spawn if the pseudo-pet drops down to floor level on some indoor maps, such as the tech lab map with the raised platform just before the elevator, where there's typically one spawn on the platform and another next to it.

This bug is really, really making it difficult to enjoy Trick Arrows.  Having to flip between manual targeting and critter targeting constantly is a hassle and irritation, and given how easy it is to lose track of the pointer, cause delays leading to defeat.  And not having access to key powers is making TA itself even more frustrating that it was in the past.  If /powexec_location target can't spawn pseudo-pets where they should be, instead of under things, then maybe it's time to do a pass on pseudo-pets to make them large enough to prevent them from falling into oblivion when /powexec_location target is used, or add another argument in order to force the pseudo-pets to spawn X' above ground level.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

This may explain why I sometimes do not see the graphics from Bonfire.

Hmmm now I wonder if this could have anything to do with the knockdown not working right, as I mention in my bug report thread.  I was using the powexeclocation self command. 

Edited by SuperPlyx

I've had some Bonfires end up under the floor at times because of this. Manual targeting was fine and both the graphic and combat log showed the power was in effect, however using the powexec_location options the traveling "fireball" would land short of the target and fail to cause any damage or Knock effects.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• 4 weeks later

This is affecting Lightning Rod, too.  The teleport functions, but nothing takes a single point of damage.  72% global +Accuracy and 5/6 Armageddon in Lightning Rod, critters are +0 or +1 to the character, so we're not talking about horrendous slotting or an insane miss streak.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'm adding to this on some surfaces /powexec_location target keep saying you're off range of your target even when it literally touches you.

The fun fact is, not all powers act the same. Like, Doms' Epic Sleet works fine but not Earthquake, or Corrs' Tornado.

By head, a few i know for sure which have this behavior: ITF final mission towers, CoP floor inside the "tower" (or whatever this building is).

Also, using /powexec_location self with the ouro portal right next to the Grandville helicopter (the one for missions, not the black line transport) will be a guaranteed spawn under the floor.

I have been noticing this myself. With the changes to masterminds where I don't have to wonder about the recharge of the henchmen, I decided to change to macros to summon my Thugs at myself. There have been multiple times where they spawned under the ground, and even in some places where there wasn't even a slope. Just to list a couple I specifically remember off the top of my head: I had to resummon some during the Security Team robot fight in Lambda and I summoned them prior to a Kal SF right next to the contact. Both times the pets were underground. I tried to fix it by changing the keyword from "me" to "up:1" only to get a "Target in Air" message. So for the moment I just have to live with it or stop using /powexeclocation.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 8 other complete badge characters.