Things I still hope for...

• Whips Outside of Demon summoning
    • Possibly alternate animations for some blast or melee sets.
      • Fire sets are a good bet, but maybe other elemental types as well.
    • Possibly full attack set could be Ranged, Melee, or Assault
  • Shotguns or Single Handguns as Power Pools similar to Fighting pool or Force of Will
  • Mastermind minion customization (yes, I know this is difficult)
    • Even just alternate piece-sets selectable in costume creation
    • At least female minions, please? Would be fun to have a valkyrie squad (mercs), girl gang (thugs), or kunoichi (ninja)
  • Updated attack animation options for Battle Axe, War Mace, and Broad Sword as the existing ones are very clunky and don't feel like expert martial artists.
  • Perhaps work out someway that using confusion doesn't end up slowing your XP gain...
    • This is pretty nitpicky and low priority to be honest, but it does feel like a mild punishment for picking that playstyle

Edited by Thrythlind
  • Like 4

Other than the Confusion Experience thing, sounds all good to me.
As for that last one, I think someone did the math, and discovered that your Experience-per-second INCREASES because the enemies are helping you to defeat them faster, at next to zero risk to you.
Although someone may want to confirm that, of course.

• Like 3

I really think that there's an obvious place for "Hellfire Assault" or "Hellfire Manipulation" dom or blaster secondaries that simply use the existing whip animations or even the entire powers, mixed with some green fire-themed other powers.  People would love it, and it would solve all of that issue of "there aren't enough whip animations for a melee set" and "whip animations are insanely complicated, we can't make more of them."

EDIT:  Or even an epic powerset for Sentinels, since they get melee powers in their epics.

Edited by aethereal

14 hours ago, aethereal said:

I really think that there's an obvious place for "Hellfire Assault" or "Hellfire Manipulation" dom or blaster secondaries that simply use the existing whip animations or even the entire powers, mixed with some green fire-themed other powers.  People would love it, and it would solve all of that issue of "there aren't enough whip animations for a melee set" and "whip animations are insanely complicated, we can't make more of them."

Not long after Homecoming started I saw a really good suggestion for a hellfire assault set using the whip animations for ranged powers and fire swords for melee powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

That would be cool. The shotgun or pistol as a power pool is another one that would be cool for the people that want to be mainly sword but also a little bit gun... we can already main gun and a little be sword via pistol or rifle / ninja. But would be nice to do the reverse.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 5/27/2021 at 9:10 PM, Thrythlind said:

At least female minions, please? Would be fun to have a valkyrie squad (mercs), girl gang (thugs), or kunoichi (ninja)

I love this idea! I would so run an MM with female thugs or ninjas! (so far I only like to run demons and beasts)

2 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

I love this idea! I would so run an MM with female thugs or ninjas! (so far I only like to run demons and beasts)

Got my first ever mastermind (and I've been playing since third wave beta) to 50 this week, and she's a Beasts Mastermind based on Red Riding Hood, dipped an hour or so to villain to get sharks so she has all the animal friends...

But still would indeed like the girl gang thing. I did a throw off comment once of "what if my hero and her soccer team decide to clean the streets or something" and now I really want to do it.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Thrythlind said:

Got my first ever mastermind (and I've been playing since third wave beta) to 50 this week, and she's a Beasts Mastermind based on Red Riding Hood, dipped an hour or so to villain to get sharks so she has all the animal friends...

Heh at the last part, too funny.  As to this part, Gratz! (or Conga Rats, as we used to say) on your first 50 MM!  So exciting! My beasts/nature will be my first HC MM to hit 50 . . . one day.

I love beasts!  Mine is called Peace Pack and is one of the two toons I have that actually has a backstory/bio. I love the idea of Red Riding Hood and wish I'd thought of it!  :P

1 hour ago, Thrythlind said:

But still would indeed like the girl gang thing. I did a throw off comment once of "what if my hero and her soccer team decide to clean the streets or something" and now I really want to do it.

Did you buy a Vanity pet as well to up the numbers? My Robots MM has an MVAS that trails around after them, little jet boots and all!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

8 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Did you buy a Vanity pet as well to up the numbers? My Robots MM has an MVAS that trails around after them, little jet boots and all!

I have a black wolf, yeah, thinking of picking up a few others here and there. Picked up a spider too, but doubt I'll field it. One of my friends is severely arachnaphobic, so putting the spider out would limit my ability to share the character with them.

Snag is you can only have one at a time!  I had the tiny Mek Man and the MVAS, but one cancels the other. 

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

One sad thing I have is that there's no really good Lore pet that fits. I made sure to do some of the Carnie missions to make sure to have a narrative explanation for having Carnies freed from Vanessa DeVore's grip following her around though.