Why doesn't Positron fight? (Maria Jenkins finale)

Uun

In the final mission of the Maria Jenkins arc you have to rescue Positron. After you defeat the Olympian Guard, he comes down from the wall when you approach. Normally I clear the room before rescuing him, but yesterday I had left a few mobs on one side. When I engaged those mobs after the rescue, Positron just followed me like a puppy but didn't fight. In the original version of the arc, where you rescue Statesman after fighting Tyrant, Statesman would fight any mobs left in the room. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

All that crap is gray to him, no XP.

Or maybe being held like that took a larger toll on Positron, a guy in a suit, than Statesman the super-Incarnate.

As for why they programmed it like that, no idea.

• Haha 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

1 hour ago, Uun said:

In the final mission of the Maria Jenkins arc you have to rescue Positron. After you defeat the Olympian Guard, he comes down from the wall when you approach. Normally I clear the room before rescuing him, but yesterday I had left a few mobs on one side. When I engaged those mobs after the rescue, Positron just followed me like a puppy but didn't fight. In the original version of the arc, where you rescue Statesman after fighting Tyrant, Statesman would fight any mobs left in the room. 

I noticed the same thing last night.  Usually, I clear the room first, too, but I was rushing through at -1 last night and went straight for the Guard.  Once it was taking a dirt nap, I figured I'd stick around and drag Posi back through the cavern for some easy, quick XP, but he wasn't doing anything.

Thing is, I also decided to polish off the Unveiler badge, using the Jaeger SSA first mission, and decided to see what happened if I ran it with the Freedom Phalanx, and discovered that Posi was useless there, too.  He toggled on a PBAoE, and proceeded to just follow me, never doing anything else.

So he's either scripted to do nothing, or his script is broken, and it's affecting him across multiple instances.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Anyone who's not high-tier-superhumanly durable is gonna be in no shape to fight after being strung up like that for a long time.  Things like "suspension" and "energy drain" take one hell of a toll on the human body.  Posi's doing pretty damn well just to keep up with you at that point.

Edited by Black Zot
  • Like 1