Arcane Bolt and the June 2nd, 2021 patch

csr

The Arcane Power feature of Arcane Bolt no longer seems to work.  I tested it using a level 35 Illusion/Thermal Controller.  During regular play in Tip missions I never had a circle, quick recharge or any extra damage.  I then sat and put Warmth on auto-fire and never got a circle around Arcane Bolt.

It actually always used to proc on inspirations. I am not sure it is still supposed to, as new events have been added that give more granularity about what is activated. It used to be it couldn't tell what was being activated so could proc on anything.

Actually, since I updated CoD last night, I can tell it explicitly does check if the activation was an inspiration, so definitely intended.

if ((target.EventCount>EndActivateClick > 0) + (target.EventCount>EndActivateInsp > 0)) && !Source.Mode?(kArcaneBolt)

What's excluded here is toggles - which makes sense, as people could spam zero-recharge toggles on and off to build up Arcane Power.

I don't know if this is a new bug or not, but Arcane Power also procs during Ouroboros missions (and presumably other Exemplared content) when you're below the level at which you picked Arcane Bolt, and thus can't use it.

7 hours ago, Cendrin said:

I don't know if this is a new bug or not, but Arcane Power also procs during Ouroboros missions (and presumably other Exemplared content) when you're below the level at which you picked Arcane Bolt, and thus can't use it.

Nope, it's not new. And it's also known. There's apparently no way around it. The power that grants you the procs is disconnected from the actual attack, and it can't tell that you no longer have access to the attack and can't "inherit" its particulars such that it disappears at the same time. At least with current tech.