Enhancement upgrading ?

wmtyrance

It depends on the sale price of the enhancement. Unslotters are generally going for 150K-200K so the enhancement would have to be worth more than that for it to be worth unslotting. So in general generic enhancements (whether IOs, SOs or DOs) I just overwrite, the cost isn't really worth it. For IOs or HOs then the value is high enough that I'll unslot it to either sell or save for later.

Defender Smash!

Here's a funny thing: the auction house considers Attuned and non-Attuned versions of a given IO Set to be the same object, so they sell for the same amount. An Enhancement Catalyst, used to tune an IO you already have slotted, costs 4 million. An Enhancement Unslotter costs 200,000 Inf.

The upshot of this is, if you're going to attune your set Enhancement, it would actually be more cost-effective to unslot and sell that Enhancement and then buy the Attuned version of it back. The amount you get and the amount you pay will be about the same so you may lose or possibly gain a little money, and you're out 200K for the unslotter...but if you buy a Catalyst and Attune your own, you'll be out four million Inf a pop.

Crazy, huh?

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

It depends on the sale price of the enhancement. Unslotters are generally going for 150K-200K so the enhancement would have to be worth more than that for it to be worth unslotting. So in general generic enhancements (whether IOs, SOs or DOs) I just overwrite, the cost isn't really worth it. For IOs or HOs then the value is high enough that I'll unslot it to either sell or save for later.

There are a couple of corner cases, though. If you've built level 15/20 IOs starting at 12, then when you hit 22 and are set to go with 25 common IOs, burn a respec and save out your low-level IOs to go into your SG base enhancement storage, where you can pick them up with another character as they hit 12, saving you some inf as you pass them down to alts. And, as say, any time the value of the enhancement exceeds the cost of the unslotter.