Difficulty level changes drops or no?

sindyr

I've been farming a mission (with my level 50), and I noticed that every time I get exactly the same amount of INF, depending only on the difficulty I have chosen. (+2, +3, etc)

What I can't tell easily, because of the random element, is if I am getting more or better (rarer) recipe and salvage drops at higher difficulty levels.

Does anyone know if drops are affected by the difficulty slider or not?

I've been farming a mission (with my level 50), and I noticed that every time I get exactly the same amount of INF, depending only on the difficulty I have chosen. (+2, +3, etc)

What I can't tell easily, because of the random element, is if I am getting more or better (rarer) recipe and salvage drops at higher difficulty levels.

I have found that running at +2 and 8man, no boss, is generally the best compromise between reward per run and speed of run. You may find you like +3, but "arrest" time per mob increases, slowing the run. I believe on a fire/kin, an average time to run warrior farm at such settings is around 10-11 minutes.

Drops don't really change in quality based on level of foes, though as I recall (I may be wrong) lts. have a better chance to drop decent loot than minions, and bosses better than lts.

Now, how you're getting the same inf. regardless of level, that's weird. You SHOULD be getting more inf per kill from higher level foes.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

I prefer +1 level, bosses enabled, and twice the enemies while solo. I'll need to experiment a bit to find that sweet spot with the "team size" metric instead of the old 5 tier difficulty setting though. This gives a good number of enemies that can be challenging without being too difficult to defeat, all 3 tiers of regular foes, and no risk of facing a full on Archvillain while solo. They can be difficult enough as an Elite Boss when you're solo.

I prefer +1 level, bosses enabled, and twice the enemies while solo. I'll need to experiment a bit to find that sweet spot with the "team size" metric instead of the old 5 tier difficulty setting though. This gives a good number of enemies that can be challenging without being too difficult to defeat, all 3 tiers of regular foes, and no risk of facing a full on Archvillain while solo. They can be difficult enough as an Elite Boss when you're solo.

Maybe at x6? That gives you only one boss to contend with in all spawns. Arch Villains and Elite Bosses are another option on the Notoriety setting and have nothing to do with team size.

That's new. As I recall, AV vs EB depended on team size. Think it was 4 or more players would mean Archvillain. While 3 or less would mean Elite Boss version instead.

Which was a drastic improvement from Issue 1 just spawning them as an Archvillain to begin with. I remember having to recruit help because there was no way I could handle Dr Vahzilok on my own as an AV. Not that an Elite Boss is that much less dangerous then their Archvillain counterpart. Just that it was more possible to solo. Unless you're a controller, maybe.